Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zack still can't run.. ;-)
Quote | Reply
As of note:

Jurgen Zack got 3rd in the 50-54. He still can't run ;-)

Mad props and silly fast times up there, considered the conditions....
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 12, 15 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He still ran faster than Ken Glah by around 30 minutes and I think he ran around 15 minutes faster than his KQ time from IM Malaysia (that tells you how slow the course is in Malaysia). His 3:49 was a great run for 50-54 in the heat of Kona. Awesome to see the old pros out in the age group race fighting it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
He still ran faster than Ken Glah by around 30 minutes and I think he ran around 15 minutes faster than his KQ time from IM Malaysia (that tells you how slow the course is in Malaysia). His 3:49 was a great run for 50-54 in the heat of Kona. Awesome to see the old pros out in the age group race fighting it out.

Great unless you're in their AG!

I have lotsa ex pros in my AG. Sucks (sort of)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.. ;-) [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
As of note:

I hope this is in pink. Zack is awesome!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.... [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are looking at it the wrong way.....

You and me are now finally actually racing (the) Pro.

tridork wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Great unless you're in their AG!

I have lotsa ex pros in my AG. Sucks (sort of)
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 12, 15 17:33
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.. ;-) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you are familiar with emoticons.... we older people still use them.

johnnybefit wrote:
windschatten wrote:
As of note:

I hope this is in pink. Zack is awesome!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Cloud - Silver Lining? Yeah right!

Recently I was away skiing with my daughter. (she is madder than a cut snake and an absolute riot to be around) The first couple of days, the mountains were clouded in. I can say that categorically, that clouds do not have silver linings, they are WHITE and white out. There is no silver.

Likewise, racing people like Zach, Glah, Molina and even local ex-pros is less fun than you'd think.

My only lucky point is that as much as he tries (by staying pro and winning, even as a near pensioner) Cam Brown will never actually get into my AG!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.... [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Dark Cloud - Silver Lining? Yeah right!

Recently I was away skiing with my daughter. (she is madder than a cut snake and an absolute riot to be around) The first couple of days, the mountains were clouded in. I can say that categorically, that clouds do not have silver linings, they are WHITE and white out. There is no silver.

Likewise, racing people like Zach, Glah, Molina and even local ex-pros is less fun than you'd think.

My only lucky point is that as much as he tries (by staying pro and winning, even as a near pensioner) Cam Brown will never actually get into my AG!

Glah and Zack are both in my age group. I really wanted to KQ this year just to be in the same race as them, but alas the closest I got in any of my qualifiers was 15 min from a KQ. I did beat Ken at 70.3 World's though (it felt kind of wild passing him on the bike) and yes, I know he is out of shape, but so are the rest of us. If I could just park life and train properly, eat well, recover, and hit all the perfect workouts, I'd be in shape too....but like the rest of us, Ken has to work....so I am taking my victory because I had to wait 30 years to catch Ken on a day when he was more out of shape and I as less out of shape.

Fortunately Cam Brown, Crowie, Macca, Tim DeBoom, Peter Reid....none of these guys will ever be in my age group. I'm stuck with Zack, Wolfgang, Bustos, Glah, Kiuru...luckily most of these guys are not racing, but would love if they did. Trying to convince PNF to show up at an age group race and put the hurt on everyone in 50-54!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 12, 15 18:47
Quote Reply
Re: Zack still can't run.. ;-) [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive been out of the loop for 15 yrs having raced kona 15 x's 1985 -2000 , but didn't Zack get banned from kona for performance enhancing drugs so how is he back on the island racing.
Quote Reply