Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Brent Steiner
2. Matthew Brick
3. How much ice cream Mike Pigg reportedly ate from "Pig's Trough" on a daily basis.
4. The Bolle Edge
5. Seeing your picture in Triathlete Magazine and having your roommates ask why you're getting your ass kicked by that girl.

Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Trick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My top 10
10. When Tiger became A6
9. No one knew how far a 5k was?
8. Scott DH bars looked cool
7. Timex watch was the coolest
6. Until just the last few years, people stopped asking, 'You did that in how may days?'
5. The whole draft legal debate
4. Races served Chilli even on a hot day in July
3. The last place in the world you could get a slot to Kona was Muncie
2. My Tri-Fed card!
1. Steve Locke lived and worked in Indianapolis as a Tuxedo Brother!

Stindiana
http://www.munciemultisport.com

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we all know that is Kenny sporting his trademark mankini outfit, but here is a question for all you old timers out there, who is the girl in the background??? And Slowman does not get to play this game.....
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to say Liz Boom Boom Bulman but I'm not 100% sure
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not even close, this girl is blonde and liz had dark hair, and I wont even go into the other obvious differences....
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pro though right? Might have to dig up some back issues of Triathlete for this one.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes a pro, and remember this was a duathlon, so one that was a good runner/biker..She also did triathlon but was mainly an ironman person because of her swim...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thea Sybesma?
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [jager66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIght era, wrong girl..I gave you guys a really good clue already, remember that every word I use on this forum has some secret meaning...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not Krista Whelan is it? I don't remember her at Du World's...
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [jager66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No not her, and I was trying to figure out where this race was. Palm trees in the background suggest Desert Princess in Palm Springs. And I think it may have been the world champs at one time, self proclaimed I would guess. But looking back there was not bigger or more stacked race until Zofingen came along, so I guess it was in fact a wrold champs..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ITU World's @ Cthedral City...91

Brick and Erin Baker won.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1)Team Second Sole...still have a navy Adidas uniform from about 1985(Columbus had 7 Second Sole stores at the time and I did some racing while I managed a couple of the stores) Scott Tinley raced for them for one or two years.

2)Tinley Riding jacket...still the best cold weather jacket I own.

3)Turn Tec shoes...offshoot by the Brooks lead designer

4) Nike Epic...motion control shoe.

5) Remember when Quench Gum came out. They still sell it!

6)You had to wait in line for a Frank Shorter Gore Tex suit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donna Peters....

Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yep, but I wore out two Bill Rogers No'Westers prior to that.

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember when a 2:09:59 oly wasn't all that fast. Now it seems like it is.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Yep, but I wore out two Bill Rogers No'Westers prior to that.

We'd get so many of the early Bill Rodgers suits come back with lamination problems. They always stood behind them and replaced every one of them. They had a better reflectivity than all the other raincoats also. The early ones were very heavy though!!
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved the TurnTec shoes (had two pair 85-86). Compression molded EVA was still a novelty (remember the Saucony Flite) and TurnTecs pioneered anatomic midsoles.

One More: Zipp Bikes

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carol Montgomery?
Joy Hansen?
Not Jan Ripple.

It's not Michellie but she was there.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carol Montgomery?
Joy Hansen?\\

Nope, Nope...
Remember Cathy, I said she did Ironmans, which neither of those two did..Follow the hints, she did ironmans, even won at least one, won some big running races.. Big hint in my first post???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Carol Montgomery?
Joy Hansen?\\

Nope, Nope...
Remember Cathy, I said she did Ironmans, which neither of those two did..Follow the hints, she did ironmans, even won at least one, won some big running races.. Big hint in my first post???

Duh, come on people!

BTW...she looks great in that picture...very fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Big hint in my first post???

My guess is there is some affiliation with Slowman.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that Julieanne??????????????????

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that Julieanne?????????????????? \\

Ya, I think that who is in the background, Slowman's exwife and Ironman legand. I think she won 4 or 5 Ironmans, got 2nd in Hawaii one year, and won a lot of local CA running races. Funny thing is that she probably got better on the bike than her run, she held several course bike records for a very long time. We will have to ask Dan for sure, but it sure looks like her to me, Oakley was her sponsor, and she did that race in Palm Springs.

Oh ya, for those that do not know who Julieanne is, her last name was White. You will see her all over the old time results..
Quote Reply

Prev Next