Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Your dream bike
Quote | Reply
I have just given you "one million dollars!" What dream bike would you build?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"one million dollars!" What dream bike would you build?

No matter how expensive a bike it was, there would still be a lot of spare coin left over out of a million bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your benched. Logic is ruins the game.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream bike would be sitting in the garage right now.....Cervelo P2K with Zipps along with my trusty old Trek road bike for training. However, the million bucks would buy me something far more-better....the time needed to train the ENGINE to make my trusty Cervelo go faster than my paltry 2:50 at Ralphs this past April.

OK, maybe I'd trade in my 303s for some 404s and get a carbon seatpost with some of the extra change.

Oh yeah, and a bunch of DVD's to watch while putting in all those extra hours on the Computrainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not if you contracted a bike company to perform R & D on you to build a bike that specifically matches your geometry and riding style. And I'm not talking about a custom bike made from current geometries, I'm talking about something not even in existence. Just an itch in Gerard's pants.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Last edited by: jackattack: Jun 18, 04 12:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have several dream bikes. With a million, why stop at just one? First and foremost, I would have a Pinarello Montello with top of the line Campy Record 10 speed, Campy Ghibli disc, Hed 3 front. Pure Italian speed and glitz. Then I would also have a Kuota Kalibur, Colnago Carbonissimo, Walser TT and Lotus, all set up with Campy Record. (Hey, I've got a million, no ShimaNO on these machines.)

On the road side, I would go for a Pinarello Dogma and a Colnago C-50. On at least one of these bikes, I'd throw on a set of Lightweight wheels.

Just for kicks, I migt also go for a decked out Yaqui Carbo and Titan-Flex, just for training of course.

Why all these bikes, you may ask. I have a million dollars. Why not?

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First. . .I'd have a custom mold of either the Trek TTT or Pinarello Montello made expressly to fit me (cost. . .roughly $150k-200k), of course multiple frames would be made

Carbon used would be a combo of OCLV 110 and the new OCLV 55. . .or some other very similar super-light, super-high mod carbon.

Easton aero fork

Campy Record 10

Ghibli disc

Hed H3 superlight and Campa Bora all carbon front wheels

Nokon cabling

Custom Hed aerobars with S-bend extensions

Look carbon stem

Arione Saddle (matching blue to the paint)

Record carbon cages

Shimano SPD SL pedals (Yes, I know its a Campy bike already, but it was down to Time or SPD SL. . .and I love the SLs)

Paint scheme would be candy red, white and blue waving stars and stripes custom job. Disc, front wheels, cages, cranks, bars and stem painted to match. Oh, and aero helmet to match. . .Rev 6 UCI legal aero version. . .

SRM Pro system to mount for training

About 50 hours in the A&M or MIT wind-tunnels to fine-tune position over the course of a year.

Custom Greyhound bus type motorcoach, painted to match bike, to travel the country in going to races and training in the mountains. . . ($500k)

Hmmm. . .lessee. . .that leaves me roughly $200k. . .

$50k to The Grip and Molina for some serious one-on-one face time coaching

$50k in race entry fees and travel expenses to races all across the country. . .including airfare to Kona, France, and Italy

$50k to Tibbs for professional cheering section duties at all the races, complete with custom TSR tentage and expo display

$50k to Spousal unit for shopping expenses at all the races.

Yup, that should just about do it for my custom bike project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dream bike would be one that would make me go 40 mph on average without having to train. Can I buy one of those for a million???

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have a good taste for bikes :-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colnago C-45 (00F) with full Campy Carbon Record. Zipp 909 wheels. Ergomo or PowerTap Pro.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a cheap yamaha would do the trick!!!

how about this one?

i´m sure that you wont be allowed to race on one of these though

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either a Cervelo R2.5 carbon or that new BMC thingy with Dura-Ace or top o-the line Campy.

As for Tribikes, That candy apple P3 you've been polishing you knob with would be pretty sweet with a Zipp 909 setup. Not that it'll make me faster or anything - just ask the guy in last weeks club race as I passed him with that setup...(just had to throw that in there)

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dream bike would be one that would make me go 40 mph on average without having to train. Can I buy one of those for a million??? What you could do is buy a house on top of a mountain, ride whatever bike you want downhill, and pay some poor slob to ride it back up for you. Bingo, you're averaging at least 40 mph, no need to train.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a road bike I'd spring for a Bianchi L'Una - http://www.bianchiusa.com/luna.html with a real Euro full-white riding outfit - chic chic

For a tri bike I'd probably get a Litespeed blade or a Cervelo p3 - aw hell I'll get both!

For a mountain bike I'd have a Moots Rigor Mootis hardtail, a Specialized S-works full susp (for XC races) and a Santa Cruz Blur for general trail riding.

And, a Moots Vamoots for a commuter bike (titanium resists rust I think, as though I would care.)

Of course I'll need to buy a new bike in each category each season, and then I'll need to build a barn to keep all my old bikes... I'm going to sleep well tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd probably get an Aegis trident with Dura-Ace 10speed, the Oval Concepts Aerobar, a Renn Disc and a zipp 404 front, probably all painted by Creative custom cycle works.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.

w/ Dura Ace 10sp, of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream bike would be a 35lb, metallic-blue Kettler Alu-Rad, complete with fenders, thumb-bell, chain guard, headlight, generator, luggage rack and kickstand. Pedestrian, I know... but there's more: I'd put some Endurox in a Tupperware container and secure it to the rack. Then I'd ride from my apartment to the roads surrounding the Hippodrome at the Bois de Bologne; where are the best cyclists near Paris come to do group riding...

When the 20-30-man peloton races by, I'd drop right in behind them. Slowly at first, I'd start picking them off one by one. When we approach the gentle rollers, I'd dig in and start putting on the power (always strike on an uphill!). Overserious Frenchmen would glare at me as I pass them. The more vocal among them would cry out (in French) "The peloton is not for THAT kind of bike!" At which point, I'd put the hammer down and race to the front... holding on for dear life for the inevitable: someone would get offended -feel provoked- and would counterattack. Of course, I'd counter- his counterattack. Nothing better than pushing someone right to his limit! Then, as the rollers kept coming, I'd have to back off and drop to the rear... until the next lap... then do it all again!

The best part of this million-dollar fantasy: I actually used to do it... and it didn't cost a thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you guys talking dirty to Tibbsy. This whole thread must be his equivalent of the "Penthouse Forum," no? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be made out of a bitch'en new material, "carbtanium" and incorporate a head rest, back massager, and a seat that let you hover on a cushion on air.
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gettin' a little cocky, aren't we Mr. Byrd?

Did I mention I've begun training again? (Accompanied by a sinister laugh while petting a long haired cat with a diamond collar and sitting in an enormous and overly-eloborate futuristic chair.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Hooker with Dura Ace 10, Hed one piece aero bar, Zipp 909 with top of the line Tufo, Time Impact of Look Carbon pedals, custom painted with TSR logo and colors (shameless plug).

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have a custom built copy of the P3 built as a carbon monocoque with 700cc wheels with Matching Dura Ace 10 speed in Jet blacks with a selection of race wheels consisting of a set of Zipp Z3s, Z4s, and a Z9 disc in addition to a set of HED H3 Carbonlites all used race and condition dependent, a HED Aerobar. All components would be jet black and unmarked, along with a jet black unmarked Giro REV 6 crash-aero helmet. I would also add a matching custom carbon monocoque copy of the Soloist for those hilly and/or draft legal with HED Carbon Clip-lites--unmarked of course. My training wheels would have to be unmarked Mavic Ksyrium SLs. All the wheels would be tubular by the way. That would do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I was buying my dream bike this winter/spring, but it's turned out to be a nightmare instead. A Softride Rocket TT7, DA 10, HED aerobar and HED 3 wheels. I've yet to ride comfortably on it for more that 90 minutes; it's gotten so that I don't even like looking at the damned thing for all the unhappiness that surrounds it now.
Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [norton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I have never heard of a person hating thier beam bike. Lets dig down and peel the onion. What is wrong with it?

Quote Reply
Re: Your dream bike [norton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd have a hooker elite custom made in carbon but with a p3 cutout. a giant carbon fork from about 2-3 years ago.
front wheel:hed 3 carbonlite and a zipp or hed carbonlite whichever is lighter
for the back: a hed stinger 90, h3 carbonlite and a ghibili disc.
custom hed aerobars and custom elbow pads, all the standard ones leave me tender in the forearms.
DA 10spd but sub for a hooker elite aero front brake, a cane creek sl rear brake,
Ti keywin pedals
flite ti seat
aerodynamic custom bottles and cages designeded into the frame not bolting onto the frame.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next