Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You see some wierd things in Tokyo but...
Quote | Reply
I wasn't expecting to see cycle couriers riding around on high-end bikes.
The one I saw today was on a softwing rocket! It was a little beaten up but still ok.

What's the most expensive bike you have seen a courier on?

dt.
Quote Reply
Re: You see some wierd things in Tokyo but... [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what the crime rate is like in Tokyo but unfortunately bicycles are a popular target in Sydney.

I have seen bicycle couriers riding Colnagos!!! I wince when I see them jump off gutters with carbon fibre wheels. It's clear that they don't care about the equipment, so I strongly suspect they have bought it on the cheap. It is also not uncommon to see couriers riding what are clearly high end bikes but which have been mumified in electrical tape to conceal the bike's colours and identifiable markings.

I'm sure that there are some couriers out there who are legitimately riding nice bikes, but I want to get my hands on the b@$t@rds who stole my bikes and race wheels . . . >:-[
Quote Reply
Re: You see some wierd things in Tokyo but... [Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the Bahamas and saw may "locals" who were on what I KNOW were the high end bikes that get stolen here. There was one on a VaMoots that had no idea what it was...there were also Merlin, Seven..what was odd was that there were a couple Moots frames...and these guys had never even given thought to what XTR or cycling shorts were....(one guy on a Moots was selling $5.00 belts by the ship port)

I am certain that these guys dont just go out and spend $5,000 on a bike to ride around the island.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply