Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ...
Quote | Reply
... you catch yourself maintain constant distance of 10m to the car ahead of you on the highway, now matter what speed you are driving.

... you treat the locker room at work as T1 in the morning, and time yourself getting from your bike-gear into your suit/work-clothes.

... your kids stop asking questions of what you're up to when they see you changed into lycra in the afternoon.

... your garage is a place for bikes, rollers and a treadmill, not your car.

... you turn down beer at the traditional family sunday dinner, cause you still have one session planned for the evening.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You spend more time on this site at work than you do working.

This site is your home page.

When you name one of your children Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turning down beer is blasphemous.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
Beer is recovery food.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
champy wrote:

Beer is recovery food.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
champy wrote:

Beer is recovery food.

You know you are obsessive with triathlon when you get so
well recovered that you can't work out the next day, so I've heard.....

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will never put myself in a situation where I have to turn down beer because of an upcoming training session. I will ensure my training is done before anything resembling beer becomes an option.

Then I refuel/recover with it... copious amounts of it.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You treat your desk job as time to "relax" between two workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [kona_cayce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kona_cayce wrote:
You treat your desk job as time to "relax" between two workouts.

Truth. I ran 10 miles before coming in to work yesterday. I was whipped - and spent all day at my desk using that as recovery time because I had to ride later in the day.

Desk job == recovery time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
... you catch yourself maintain constant distance of 10m to the car ahead of you on the highway, now matter what speed you are driving.
This happens to me all the time, usually only when driving home after a race. Except for me it's "I gotta pass that guy, he is beating me!". One day I am going to get a nasty speeding ticket driving home from a race because of this

Quote:

... you treat the locker room at work as T1 in the morning, and time yourself getting from your bike-gear into your suit/work-clothes.

I have timed it... I know if I have a 9am meeting, I need to be parked by 8:50 because I can get to the locker room, shower, get dressed and get to the conference room in under 10 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your work colleagues stop asking what your weekend plans are and just inquire as to how many miles you will be riding....

you time your mandatory block leave from work around a training camp with a famous coach...

you only date girls who are at least runners (no one slower than 9:30 mi/mi)...but prefer cyclists or swimmers...ultimate dream girl: fast triathlete

you own more cycling shoes than business shoes...
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [chiquipartner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You wont let non-athletic girlfriend ride any bike that is not found at your LBS or reputable brand due to street cred. She wants a Walmart bike for crying out loud!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the bike a LOT. Riding in groups a fair amount and racing some. On the road bike.

I went for a ride on the cruiser bike with my 9 year old on the barbie bike or whatever. She's obviously tiny makes me work on the hills...lol.

It's funny because as she went past a few times I immediately caught myself getting on her wheel. Instinctively. I laughed.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you catch a wiff of yourself and smell chlorine you think "aww yeah, I had a good workout this morning..." and you're proud of it.

You have dozens of water bottles (and several are half empty and in various places throughout your house, car, garage, gym bag) but why not one more?

When you google map something you wonder how long it would take you to bike that route and wonder if there are any good climbs on it.

Your idea of a vacation involves a cool destination race...

You size people up on how you think they'd do in a tri.

You're constantly looking for 140.6 stickers in traffic and wish you had some sort of hand signal to say "I did that too!"

When you see friends pictures of races on FB you look up their bib number to see if they're faster than you...

My name is Lionel and I have an addiction...
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:

I have timed it... I know if I have a 9am meeting, I need to be parked by 8:50 because I can get to the locker room, shower, get dressed and get to the conference room in under 10 minutes.

Haha same here - however sometimes I run to work - If so you have to add in an extra 5-10 min to get rid of that after-burn sweating:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your day is ruined when you have a shitty workout. likewise you walk on air when you have a great workout or hit a pr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You register for an account on slowtwitch forums.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you find yourself in a crowded grocery aisle saying "on your left...".
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [chiquipartner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chiquipartner wrote:
your work colleagues stop asking what your weekend plans are and just inquire as to how many miles you will be riding....

you time your mandatory block leave from work around a training camp with a famous coach...

you only date girls who are at least runners (no one slower than 9:30 mi/mi)...but prefer cyclists or swimmers...ultimate dream girl: fast triathlete

you own more cycling shoes than business shoes...

This. so much this.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... you wonder what TSS you should assign to the hour you chased your kids around the playground

... your GPS-watch dies at the start of the run. You turn around and head home figuring no point doing an unlogged session (this one is probably more of an obsession on other things than tri!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! And that photo of CW is awesome! :-) Beer is good :-)

My contribution:

- you are recovering from a stress fracture and still on crutches, but have already signed up for two Ironman events the following summer.

- your tri bike is worth more than your car

- you drive down your steep dirt road during snow storms, sometimes pushing small trees out of the road, so you can make it to your 5:45am master swim practice

- You ask your boss to work part-time so you can train more

- You check the weather forecast at least 5 times a day and watch the radar carefully

-You should be working right now, but find yourself enjoying all the great Slowtwitch posts :-)

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...You put speed laces on your work shoes.

...Your have an internal debate every week about whether a rest day really is wise.

...Your 8 year old wants a CycleOps Fluid Trainer for their Trek Mystique parked next to yours.

...You've been guilty of public indecency changing into a speedo at a red light.

...You've worked out a dream scenario where it's theoretically possible [it's not] to qualify for Worlds in Australia next year.

...You know it takes exactly 47 seconds to pee, shake, tap and zip.

...You lust for [insert dream tri bike here] the way a kid wants a puppy, or adolescent males look at Megan Fox pics.

...You got a C in algebra, but can do complicated math better than John Nash (Beautiful Mind) when it comes to splits.

...Yes, you have checked SlowTwitch at 2:00a after getting up to take a whiz.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Last edited by: K-DUB: Aug 20, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [JoyceVT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your five year olds know if daddy had a hard day or recovery day depending on which bike is in the foyer
You use more razors on your arms and legs than your wife does
It is impossible to find a tee shirt in your closet that doesn't say "finisher" on it
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:

Gotta agree on this one. I should also admit that I have jumped on the trainer after a couple of beers for dinner..:) not the best setting for 3x20@95% !
Quote Reply

Prev Next