Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend
Quote | Reply
This was in the email with the Athlete Guide for Augusta this weekend:

"All athletes, spectators and volunteers who are present at the expo on Friday and Saturday of this week will be provided the opportunity to register for 2015 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga to benefit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation."

Just incase anyone was worried about getting into Chattanooga next year. I was on the fence but I'm pushing my first IM until 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i were to guess this opportunity is just for charity spots (similar to what you can currently do online), not normal registration.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:

"All athletes, spectators and volunteers who are present at the expo on Friday and Saturday of this week will be provided the opportunity to register for 2015 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga to benefit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation."

Just incase anyone was worried about getting into Chattanooga next year. I was on the fence but I'm pushing my first IM until 2016.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on driving to Chattanooga after getting finished in Augusta. I live up I-75 past Atlanta anyway so it wasn't going to be a long drive. As long as the price is the same it will save me a trip to TN to stand in the registration line.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem. Although jph437 may be right given the way the email is worded. Not sure if that will change your decision one way or the other.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GA_TRI_DAWG wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on driving to Chattanooga after getting finished in Augusta. I live up I-75 past Atlanta anyway so it wasn't going to be a long drive. As long as the price is the same it will save me a trip to TN to stand in the registration line.

If it is what jph is saying, then it is the $5000 fund raising slots, not general regisration. Seems weird that WTC would open up general registration slots to a popular race where there is already controversy about the tri club slots given out this year to other racers before even this year's Choo racers and volunteers.

Does anyone know of this happening at any other races?

"Some folks plan for the optimum race, others like to get upset when others out plan them. "
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [JimSanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC does do this with other 140.6 races. It's a two-fer ... a package deal. Sign up at one designated 70.3 and be eligible for an automatic entry at another designated 140.6

Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:

Just in case anyone was worried about getting into Chattanooga next year. I was on the fence but I'm pushing my first IM until 2016.

I might be wrong, but I believe this is probably for the charity entries, not general entries. Kind of hard to tell though if they didn't give any more details then that one sentence in the email. I received the following email on Monday which states you can register now for IM Chattanooga for next year through the charity spots:

Ready for your next IRONMAN?
Registration is now LIVE for these 2015 IRONMAN events, exclusively through the official charity partner for Chattanooga: the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America & Team Challenge!

PAIN IS TEMPORARY. CURES ARE FOREVER.
Athletes who register with Team Challenge raise money to help fund cutting-edge research that will ultimately lead to cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. The CCFA-IRONMAN partnership further solidifies Team Challenge as one of the premier endurance training programs in the country - having now trained nearly 12,000 runners, walkers, triathletes and cyclists, while raising $55 million to further the Foundation's mission. Since its inception, CCFA has invested over $200 million toward groundbreaking research, patient and professional education, and patient support programs.

SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY. Here's what you get when you join the Team:

• Guaranteed race entry
  • Access to a training plan with professional coaching tips and advice
  • Book a room using a CCFA room block (limited number)
  • VIP transition racks on race day (right next to the pros!)
  • Professional fundraising support, including your own personal fundraising website
  • "Fast pass" on-site registration
  • Team Challenge triathlon race kit
  • Team reception

Athlete commitment: Pay $200 (IRONMAN 70.3) or $250 (IRONMAN) to secure your team spot with Team Challenge and raise a minimum of $3,000 or $5,000, respectively, using our turn-key fundraising platform and full-time support team.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... not worth it in my opinion. Nothing against charity slots or anything. But it will be hard enough for me to find time to do all the training for an IM... let alone do all the training AND raise funds for the charity.

Kudos to this who can and do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any confirmation that these are charity slots?
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are not charity slots.

The official (albeit long) title of the 140.6 mile race in TN is:

the "Little Debbie Ironman Chattanooga to benefit Chrohns and Colitis Foundation"

I think some people are getting confused about the (extremely) long and confusing title.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see why it would be for charity slots actually. It's a good move from the WTC. Those racing Augusta are probably those also
interested in Chattanooga. But if you are racing Augusta, then it'll be tough to register for Chat, which is the same day. So, you they allow
an on-site registration for Chat, at Augusta. That's how I take the OP.
Quote Reply
Re: You can sign up for IM Chattanooga at Augusta this Weekend [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this will be clarified
Quote Reply