Login required to post replies

Prev Next
You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon!
Quote | Reply
http://www.bikerumor.com/...ime-quarq-qollector/
http://www.quarq.com/...rq-race-intelligence
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ollector-review.html
https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

The Quarq Qollector is live telemetry service. It's a lot more than just live tracking off a Garmin.

It goes on sale October 11. It's $349 and includes 6 months of mobile data service.

After that it's $99 a year to keep syncing to Quarq's QuarqNet.

It has a 24 hour battery life and weighs 115 grams. QuarqNet will sync to Strava, Training Peaks, and other sites.

The Qollector can send power, speed, heart rate, and other metrics in real time to anyone wanting to watch the data. This could be used in Ironman races to give a leaderboard and track athletes performance!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 28, 16 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a review up already from dcrainmaker - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ollector-review.html
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I've been watching this product for a while when I first heard about it. I think it's a great tool that can be used to make Ironman racing more fun to watch.

I wish you could pair it with your phone and use your phone's mobile data plan though.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These make spectating a race really pretty cool. I'd almost consider purchasing, but would like to see them rent for races. I wore one at Cedar Point and my wife commented on how much easier it was to find me vs ironman's "live tracking" that's never even close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm...

Very tempted to try this out for Miami 70.3. The fiancé does not like Garmkn live track as it doesn't update fast enough. She's always wanted to track me during a race. She may really like this...

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Sep 28, 16 18:35
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me out. Cool for races but the wifey will want me to use it when on training rides. Nothing good can come from that.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
Count me out. Cool for races but the wifey will want me to use it when on training rides. Nothing good can come from that.

Are you riding your bike to your mistress' house or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pro athletes at some WTC races over the past year + were basically beta testing these. I used one in one half and one full IM race. I wore it through the whole event and can't say that it was noticeable. I didn't mind it at all during the race.

It is going to be pretty great for athletes wanting real time analysis and tracking during races.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:

It's a good thing your wife doesn't know about the Garmin 10 or whatever it's called.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Xing triathlete wrote:

Are you riding your bike to your mistress' house or something?

Yeah, seriously. As I increased my miles this year in prep for my first Ironman, my wife really appreciated my using Garmin LiveTrack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Renting them would be a great option. I was telling my wife about it and she's all but offered to buy it for me so she can track me during IM's.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were renting them at Rev3 races for $40, which I thought was reasonable. Actually have them to those of us that raced the full. I don't think I really have a need for one year round, but would rent for races in a heartbeat. I had mine in my back pocket of my kit and didn't notice it at all.

I think the only problem with renting for IM races is they'd have to potentially have 3000 in inventory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
They were renting them at Rev3 races for $40, which I thought was reasonable. Actually have them to those of us that raced the full. I don't think I really have a need for one year round, but would rent for races in a heartbeat. I had mine in my back pocket of my kit and didn't notice it at all.

I think the only problem with renting for IM races is they'd have to potentially have 3000 in inventory.

They should set up something on there website to rent them for the races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, and mentioned it on their Facebook post, but don't think they have the inventory for WTC races. How many people raced Ironman™ races just last weekend?

I think they'd do better with rentals for races seeing as people have Garmin's that do live tracking with their phones for training. It would just take a big initial investment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
rjrankin wrote:

They should set up something on there website to rent them for the races.

For the price of admission for IM races, the raceday rent for these things should be included IMO... but that won't happen ofc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait for this to become available. I'll be one of the first in line to buy. Racing to me is a secondary application as I really want it for my wife to know my whereabouts while training and using Garmin tracking drains my phone in under 2 hours. Also my family being able to follow my race and know if I hit a rough patch and will be slower back to T2/finish line is extremely valuable to me. Super pumped.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, as a single guy I don't have a wife tracking me, but I'll also ride alone and early in the morning most of the time. This will give me the peace of mind to just hit a button and it sends a link to my parents and local friend of where I am that day.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh! How do I get my hands on one of these for IM Lou? Too bad it's coming out a few days later....Spectating my wife for her first IM and I've been waiting for this very thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just talked to my LBS. They are going to see if they can get their hands on one for me. If not, I'll order online.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the idea of this but I wish I could just use bluetooth and pair it to my phone and use my phone's data plan.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We used these for Norseman this year. Bike and run only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's a drawback ($$$) but then you wouldn't be able to use it during a race since you can't have your phone with you.

I like that you can use this for training AND racing without having to use any other device. I think my fiancé will enjoy races a little more knowing how I'm doing and where I am.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ordered one yet?

I ordered Monday hoping to have it by the end of the week so I could test it out this weekend before racing next weekend. I talked to Quarq on Wednesday and they said it should ship by the end of the week but I still haven't received shipping confirmation. Just curious if anyone has gotten shipping confirmation yet....

blog
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used one at Kona, and it was great for my wife and young son.

As I was nearing the finish (and melting a bit on the run), she used it to know when to wake my son up when I was getting close.

I didn't link any ANT+ HR or power to it, since I've already got those on my other devices.

I think they should do a simpler distance/location-only version. If I ever do a full or even half with family attending, I'd pay to rent one for the race.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
I think they should do a simpler distance/location-only version. If I ever do a full or even half with family attending, I'd pay to rent one for the race.
Apparently Beacon is now the "Official Live GPS Tracking Service of IRONMAN".
Quote Reply

Prev Next