Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [foxfit72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Kupfershcmidt
Axel Koenders

ST boot covers
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you could walk up to a table on race morning with $30 cash less than an hour b/f the mass start swim and listen to a 30 second pre-race meeting while leaning your bike against a Sycamore aka 'bike rack'. The first race I ever did that didn't have race morning sign up was Gulf Coast maybe 89 or 90? It was so bizarre to me to have to be there the day b/f for 'bike check in'. The mech looked at my 30 pound Pinarello rust bucket for 2 seconds, slapped a sticker on the stem and said 'sweet ride dude'.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [rossi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fun thread !

kirk precision bikes

and campagnolo aero bottle

Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eat 'em raw - Mooose Jaw!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tioga discs?

saucony sirens

can anyone remember the name of those pink and black, 6 ounce brooks shoes the PNF wore?

Giro aero 1 with shark skin (it felt rougher but thats what made it more aero)

triathlon wetsuits that were completely fluro yellow, blue, red, pink by Tinley, hot buttered , body glove...
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Apr 3, 15 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading how Dave Scott would rinse his cottage cheese to remove the fat
so of course I had to try it. It did not work for me.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Apr 3, 15 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Florescent pink triathlon "speedo's" with tiny felt "chamois" insert. And, no, you don't need a picture.

Quote | Reply
Same here. I wish I had purchased 100 pairs of those. I also liked the Skylon TC, ran my one and only marathon in those

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colleen Cannon

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leaning bike against tree for transition
pre-speedo
old underwear band for race belt.
10 speed (but only used one)
tried swimming the night before

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember her?

Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, but this is late 2000s?!

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Les Paul 1959] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Anyone have pictures or can explain the seat shifters?"
------------------
I still have one...not sure I have pictures!

David
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:

ok, here's Fernanda mid-90s

The only person more renowned for racing in thongs was Kenny Souza.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I followed her the entire bike in Kona 1990 - pink thong!

David
Last edited by: david: Apr 3, 15 17:36
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [gsxrawd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gsxrawd wrote:
when heart rate monitor looked like this

When did Polar and Nintendo get together to make this thing? Wow ... I'm in awe at the moment

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Les Paul 1959] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Les Paul 1959 wrote:
Anyone have pictures or can explain the seat shifters? This is the second time this week that someone mentioned them.

The seat attached to a piston that you could extend with a lever that was kinda like a mountain bike thumb shifter that mounted on your bars.

It let you switch between riding steep for the aero bars to a more "roadie" position for climbing.

This bike also has the BikeStream hydration behind the seat. Inside the neoprene sock was a latex bladder that you pumped full of fluid (it inflated like a balloon). The pressure from the bladder pushed out the drink when you bit the valve. The only problem was if any part of the system failed your drink started spraying out all over you.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cousin Elwood wrote:
"3. Gookinaid"
- - Used to love that stuff. Tasted some few years ago because a century that I did was serving it. I was surprised that it's still out there. Yech, it didn't taste the same...

I just bought a pair of Adidas SL72s. I hope they aren't as disappointing!

Always thought it was some sort of racial slur

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Les Paul 1959 wrote:
Anyone have pictures or can explain the seat shifters? This is the second time this week that someone mentioned them.

search the forum for Retro TT ---- I think there's a pic in there

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
david wrote:

ok, here's Fernanda mid-90s

The only person more renowned for racing in thongs was Kenny Souza.

Schaaaawing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you remember when Ironman gave you a high quality running singlet and shorts as part of your Kona entry. I still have mine from 1982 and 83.
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [Nick Mallett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Mallett wrote:
This list is for the IMC 25th Anniversary
13:Finishers drinking beer instead of Gagtorade at the awards for IMC.
14:The pros were the drunkest people at the IMC awards after-party.
15:IM finishers actually turned up at the IMC after-party.
16:The 2am naked run from the IMC after-party down main street to the lake for a skinny dip.
17:Lothar drunk at the after-party
18:Brendon Downey drunk at the after party
19:Tinley drunk at the after-party
20:Ray Browning drunk after the Carbo-load
21:Ray drunk again three days later at the after-party
22:Chuckie V drunk podium dancing without his shirt on at the after-party
23:The Hogman Dash.
24:Tom Price winning IMC wearing those Aqua sock/waffle sole things

How times have changed!
Don't even get me started on IMOZ

Lmao triathlon sounds like it was so hype
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doing your first tri before aerobars were invented.
Coors Light Biathlon Series
Oakley Eyeshades
Speedos, nothing but Speedos

This thread made me realize this will be my 30th year doing tris!

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Original Roval wheels?
Hamilton 24" wheel bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: You've been around the sport a long time when you remember.............. [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before wetsuits were used in the swim.
Reverse order Tris (Run,Bike Swim)
26" wheels
Hand timing
Quote Reply

Prev Next