Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra wetsuit question...Series numbers (Difference between a vortex 3 and 4)
Quote | Reply
What are the improvements (if any) to a series for say Vortex 2, 3, 4 wetsuit? Or, is it based on the thickness of the mm for the suit?
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra wetsuit question...Series numbers (Difference between a vortex 3 and 4) [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turq here from XTERRA WETSUITS.

These days we have at least one shipment of wetsuits arriving in the US every month. Whenever the manufacturer of the neoprene (or liner) has an improvement we try to incorporate the improvement into the next shipment of Vortex wetsuits. Since we buy in very large quantities this barely changes the price we pay and isn't worth changing the name of the wetsuit.

In years past the improvements came about every year or so, and therefore we'd launch a new Vortex - say, the Vortex 3 - with dramatic improvements (better neoprene, better liners) that warranted a change from the Vortex2 to the Vortex3. Today, we're always adding whatever new improvements come out of the R&D department here and from the manufacturer.

So, it doesn't have to do with the thickness. You are better off with a Vortex3 over a Vortex2, and a Vortex4 over a Vortex3.

To make matters more confusing, we're doing away with the numbers altogether with the 2015 Vortex. All last year we pushed and pushed the Vortex4 to be as high-end a wetsuit as possible in every shipment. Our 2015 Vortex rocks. You'll still be comfortable and fast in our Vortex4.

- Turq

Glynn Turquand
one of the humble owners of XTERRA WETSUITS
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra wetsuit question...Series numbers (Difference between a vortex 3 and 4) [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this! I have your 2014 sleeveless and got confused by the numbers too.

Of course I got my sleeveless EXACTLY 1 week before I got your 2015 pre-order email blast LOL. Oh well, trying to sell my Zoot 5.0 now so I can get a 2015 Vendetta so I can represent Xterra in style :-)

Ryne "TheMohawk" Hoover
Founder and CEO of The Mohawk Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity
Raising funds for breast cancer and ALS research through endurance sports
Sponsored by: Rudy Project, INFINIT Nutrition, Brooks Running, MyBikeShop.com, TriTats, TriDot, T-Blocks, Wicked Audio, Zealios and Zone3. WE NOW SELL AIR RELAX! MESSAGE ME FOR YOUR BEST PRICE!
RyneHoover@TheMohawkFoundation.org
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra wetsuit question...Series numbers (Difference between a vortex 3 and 4) [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helpful information. I have also been considering an Xterra wetsuits. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra wetsuit question...Series numbers (Difference between a vortex 3 and 4) [rohnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually bought the vector 3 full and vortex 4. Great deals. Both are brand new sitting in their bags...not sure when ill try them on.
Quote Reply