Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra 2017
Quote | Reply
Never raced one. Interested in planning my year.

- Anyone know when they release the 2017 schedule? I couldn't find on their website.
- when do they typically open registration for at-large entries? Same day as the 2016 race (for 2017 entry) like IM's, or later in the fall?
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra 2017 [vomer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're a blast ! Only problem for me here in Iowa is they all 8 hours away. I went to Sheboygan and had a blast. I wish there were more and closer ! But fun time and good vibe.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra 2017 [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No more Xterra Sugarbottom?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually the XTERRA website is mostly up to date by February or so, save maybe some later season races being added later. I believe all of the smaller ones (not Alabama, Beaver Creek, Utah, Maui) are license, so the individual RD websites may already have info for 2017 even if XTERRA website isn't up yet. I'd certainly expect a lot of work on that front to start once Worlds are over.

The absence of a race on the calendar right now doesn't mean it's not happening, though. I do think some of the more popular smaller ones in the west sell out, but I have no experience with those, just the big ones and some small ones on the east coast, none of which I've ever heard of selling out. But it's certainly not at all like IM where you have to hit refresh at 12:00:01 and hope your internet is faster than everybody else's.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to at-large for Maui? Keep checking or get on their email newsletter but last several years that has been December 1 at a specific time. In general US races do not sell out with some exceptions. Unless a race is one of the 3-4 US Maui qualifiers. best source of info is the specific website for the race. Fun. Hope you do some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tentative 2017 schedule has been posted on: https://www.dirttri.com/...world-tour-calendar/
Not sure if it's been uploaded to Xterraplanet yet. If trying for at large slot, treat it like signing up for an WTC event - ie. finger on the registration button 5 minutes prior to opening and hit refresh a million times ;-)
Quote Reply