Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XTerra Bikes?
Quote | Reply
Is there a site out there that has the make up of bikes at Xterra like Dan"s Kona Count? Very curious about 29er vs 27.5 break out...
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw ALOT more 29ers than anything else last weekend. Probably 10 to 1 if I was guessing.
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [renolaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renolaw wrote:
I saw ALOT more 29ers than anything else last weekend. Probably 10 to 1 if I was guessing.

...which saved my butt in the race when I needed a second spare tube and had to ask people for one. The first guy that stopped didn't even hesitate and gave me the only spare tube he had. Luckily a 29er.
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [renolaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say you are about right.....mostly 29er.

Man was I happy about bring my full supention this year....the hard tail would have killed me :)
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do know that a 26er tube will fit in a 29er wheel? Not great, but it works. For most Xterra races a 29er or the new 650b works very well. There will always be 26er diehards out there. I ride with some of those guys that I dare not follow as they are way better than me. I would be interested in the hardtail to full boing count.
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes sir.....I've also used a road tube, But now I'm tubeless and just carry a co2. If I need more then that I'm done-ski.

It would say it was 50/50 on the full springer....but those dude where paying for it near the end of the race. It was fast and rough.
Quote Reply
Re: XTerra Bikes? [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode my hardtail, big mistake...
Quote Reply