Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XLab Torpedo computer mount
Quote | Reply
I am considering a few different BTA setups. The current one I have is a profile design aerodrink bottle and ziptied computer mount in front of the bottle, which works well for me.
However, I am curious about horizontal systems. My main concern/requirement is that I want to have the computer in front of the bottle. I find it a lot easier to read with just a glance instead of having to fully rotate your head. It seems that the only system with this feature is the XLab Torpedo. I have two questions for owners:
1. Does the computer mount come with the basic system or is it a separate accessory? I have done quite some digging and have not been able to understand this.
2. What kind of computers is it compatible with? I have a Joule GPS and I know that its quarter-mount turn is not compatible with the Garmin (for example). This information also does not seem to be available on their website.

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [captainfranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Yes

2. It is a rounded plastic tube that accepts any computer mount that mounts with rubber band bungies

SF
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [SethB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the Speedfill Z4 and love it.
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [SethB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thank you!

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

SethB already answered your questions, but wanted to add the following

1. If you visit the product page, you can find everything that is included in the system under the Specs tab.
2. For computer compatibility, check the compatibility tab and you will see that computer is listed as one that does work.

Thanks for considering XLAB for your front hydration!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the new one from Zipp a look too. http://www.zipp.com/about/story.php?ID=590
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing I didn't know about the system when I bought it was that I'd have trouble with vibration noises. My solution in the end was to ditch using the computer mount that comes with the Torpedo and continue to use the one I got from Alden designs. The problem with the torpedo one is that when your bike experiences road vibrations the rubber-banded computer will likely contact the bottle. This is all still a work in progress for me though. I think I'll end up liking the bottle with the tuckable straw with a bite valve over a simple BTA mount though.
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for computer mount in front of bottle.
-1 for regular water bottle (no straw) and computer mount that only works with Garmin.

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. The front mount is a plus for me. I just really needed a horizontal bottle that does not get in the way of the computer mounted up front. So I could use their mount if that works well, or keep going with my current zip tied solution.

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad. didnt read your entire post.
Quote Reply
Re: XLab Torpedo computer mount [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, good to see that more manufacturers are giving a shot at this design. Hopefully this will lead to even better solutions (and hopefully eventually cheaper as well).

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will add that I was able to modify (every so slightly) the alden designs mount to use it with the mount for the Bontrager Node computer. Very simple to do. I'd bet that mount works for most computer mounts with slight modification.
Quote Reply