Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XLAB rear bottle carrier mounting problems
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to use an older Xlab rear mount that i have on my ISM Adamo Prologue seat. The problem is that when i tighten the screws on the mounting straps, its still loose on the seat rails and bounces slightly. Are there other straps i can get for it? And, i'm also wondering the purpose of the larger hole in the back, as shown in the seccond picture. Thanks in advance!

Quote Reply
Re: XLAB rear bottle carrier mounting problems [Kcmpa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put some electrical tape around the rails on my ISM when I used the carbon wing for the same problem. Worked great. No idea what the hole is for.
Quote Reply
Re: XLAB rear bottle carrier mounting problems [Kcmpa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes when these rail clips are mounted onto the "elbow" of the saddle they will take a set, and if you then try to mount them to a straight part of the rail, they won't hold the mount properly. Hopefully that makes sense. You would just need new rails clips and if you give me a call I can take care of that. 760-735-3215.
Also the back hole is to mount an X-Nut. We discontinued this part roughly 6 years ago, but glad to see some are still out there!
Damon-XLAB
Quote Reply
Re: XLAB rear bottle carrier mounting problems [XLAB Hydration] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XLAB Hydration wrote:
Sometimes when these rail clips are mounted onto the "elbow" of the saddle they will take a set, and if you then try to mount them to a straight part of the rail, they won't hold the mount properly. Hopefully that makes sense. You would just need new rails clips and if you give me a call I can take care of that. 760-735-3215.
Also the back hole is to mount an X-Nut. We discontinued this part roughly 6 years ago, but glad to see some are still out there!
Damon-XLAB

Damon,

Thanks for the reply!!! I used the other mounting holes on the bend of the rail and its solid now. Also, i found that trisports.com has the X-nut in stock and ordered one. That solved another issue for me.

Thanks again! Matt
Quote Reply