Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula or MORPH bar with hydraulic levers and forearm hugging extensions
Quote | Reply
Would like to see a U.S.E. Tula bar with hydraulic levers, made to be a bit more lower profile in the lever and basebar areas





___________________________________
milesthedog on strava
Last edited by: milesthedog: Jul 12, 17 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Though, I do feel that with hydraulic brakes, a lever could be placed in a normal position, but more integrated with the basebar and much lower profile, since it really only needs to be one or two finger actuated and the range of lever motion does not need to be great to provide high modulation. Something like this fine illustration:



___________________________________
milesthedog on strava
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just have a wing with a squeezable leading edge for the brake?
Ride it mtb style.
A few guys in the 90's used to use a 14" long straight bar with mtb levers and it seemed to work for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Why not just have a wing with a squeezable leading edge for the brake?
Ride it mtb style.
A few guys in the 90's used to use a 14" long straight bar with mtb levers and it seemed to work for them.

I like it. a sqeezable leading edge sounds great. What I personally would really like is a pair of MORPH bars with a the integrated hydraulic squeeze lever. I know GreenPlease's test at A1 for the MORPH bars were good but not as good as could be, but I'd like see an updated MORPH bar with this style of integrated hydraulic brake along with aerobars that hug the forearm like this 3D printed titanium bars SKY is using in the TdF. I think that'd be pretty darn hard to beat aero-wise.

___________________________________
milesthedog on strava
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
[..] I'd like see [..] aerobars that hug the forearm like this 3D printed titanium bars SKY is using in the TdF.


If Meld can do custom saddles by having you sit on a foam crush box, no reason to think they couldn't do custom aero extensions. And if they are not interested, this is a great business opportunity for one of you unemployed Twitchers. Who is going to get this started?
Last edited by: refthimos: Jul 12, 17 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Why not just have a wing with a squeezable leading edge for the brake?
Ride it mtb style.
A few guys in the 90's used to use a 14" long straight bar with mtb levers and it seemed to work for them.

I've often thought about field testing this sort of setup.

jens: This is aero-shaming. And it's not OK.
Murphy'sLaw: We shame because we care.
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula or MORPH bar with hydraulic levers and forearm hugging extensions [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't talked to Frank in a few weeks but at one time there was talk of a way to use hydraulic MTB brake levers on the MORF bar.

jens: This is aero-shaming. And it's not OK.
Murphy'sLaw: We shame because we care.
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula or MORPH bar with hydraulic levers and forearm hugging extensions [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I haven't talked to Frank in a few weeks but at one time there was talk of a way to use hydraulic MTB brake levers on the MORF bar.

nice - I look forward to seeing updates.

combine the Paul e lever with The One system.... in an integrated aero extension:




___________________________________
milesthedog on strava
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek engineers had something like this maybe 12 years ago at a tunnel test I attended with them and USPS/Lance. It was pretty awesome to look at and while I never saw the actual data from it, I also never saw it used anywhere so hard to know if it didn't work all that well or if nobody wanted to ride it?

Josh
http://www.SILCA.cc
The 3 Keys to Super Easy, Super Fast Tire/Tube Installation (even with latex):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W85RCHoukI
How much speed and comfort is your tire pressure costing you? More than you think! https://silca.cc/blogs/journal
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshatsilca wrote:
Trek engineers had something like this maybe 12 years ago at a tunnel test I attended with them and USPS/Lance. It was pretty awesome to look at and while I never saw the actual data from it, I also never saw it used anywhere so hard to know if it didn't work all that well or if nobody wanted to ride it?

Thanks. I tossed out several ideas up above. Which did USPS test? Thanks

___________________________________
milesthedog on strava
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
lyrrad wrote:
Why not just have a wing with a squeezable leading edge for the brake?
Ride it mtb style.
A few guys in the 90's used to use a 14" long straight bar with mtb levers and it seemed to work for them.


I've often thought about field testing this sort of setup.

I did...it's not as fast as an old style Vision basebar and levers, nor a Scott 100K setup with the levers inside the loops...



http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Would like to see a U.S.E. R1/Tula bar with hydraulic levers [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
lyrrad wrote:
Why not just have a wing with a squeezable leading edge for the brake?
Ride it mtb style.
A few guys in the 90's used to use a 14" long straight bar with mtb levers and it seemed to work for them.


I've often thought about field testing this sort of setup.

I did...it's not as fast as an old style Vision basebar and levers, nor a Scott 100K setup with the levers inside the loops...

I'd imagine that's because the straight bar was just round, right? Love to see it made flat in carbon but somehow integrating the levers.
Quote Reply