Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Workshop question- need some input from you guys.
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I need some advice-
We are planning on putting a workshop together again for the Month of Febuary. So far Quintana Roo, Ergomo, and HED have expressed interest in presenting. We are working on scheduling to fly all of them in for an info night and to show and highlight their 2007 products, discuss issues such as fit, aerodynamics, training and racing with power. We are hoping for an early Febuary workshop. Is there anyone else or different you guys would want to see and hear? Maybe some pro athletes? Maybe other companies? What are some of your thoughts? You guys are the ones who make these nights, so we want your input- Of course this is free and refreshments are served as always.

Thanks!

All the best,

Al Cabbad
R&A Cycles
al@racycles.com
Last edited by: R&A Cycles: Dec 19, 06 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: Workshop question- need some input from you guys. [R&A Cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - this would rock! Bummer I live no where near you guys...

However, here's what I'd be interested in if I could attend and hopefully it's similar to what others would want - discussions on how / what improvements have been made in product X as compared to both prior years as well as with competitors (see my thread on FSA K-Force ring as compared to DA TT ring). Basically, why should I pay Y dollars for a new widget - what can I realistically expect out of it? If Q Roo is there, I'd be interested in hearing about the big changes they've done this year. Also curious as to why they really changed up the Tiphoon and where it / the Lightspeed Blade fit in their lineup.

Aerodynamics - maybe talk about what data is out there (MIT results, Cobb data, etc.) and what's real world for AG racers. If Hed was there, talk about the H3C as compared to a Hed Jet or talk about their discs compared to others (how big a deal are dimples?), the Disc-o wheel, the (unfortunate, untimely and all-around-bummer of the demise of the) 3D wheel. How would a H3C wheel compare to say a Nimble tri spoke? When would someone want to use a H3C front as opposed to a Jet? When to use a disc - I've seen all sorts of numbers, what's reality and what's theory (only seen in a wind tunnel or if you are a pro).

What about clothing? I'd be curious to hear about new offerings there - why get a speedsuit? Try to do a race of X distance in one or loose Y seconds changing? Compare / contrast Zoot Zenith with earlier Zoot suits or Competitor's latest suit(s). Again, what is realistic to expect? What's the driving force for purchase?

Granted, there's always what I call vendor spin, but it would still be interesting and useful.

Hope this is a useful list.
-Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Workshop question- need some input from you guys. [R&A Cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you invite Tom from TitanFlex to talk about his invention and demo some of his products?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys know what you're doing....

Of course a pro always brings out more folks, but sometimes less is more...
I'd like to see something where folks could really interact with the reps, not just stare at a slideshow.

Some nice things:

Ergomo.... I'd love to hear stuff on how to train with power! what it actually can do and how to understand it long term. I feel alot of folks buy those things just as a pricey computer... yea it helps the market, but i'd love ot hear or see it in action first hand.
Aerodynamics: yea, for an AGer (or college student) where is the money worth spending... ( I know coaching is the first step)

maybe a 15% (or 80% if you're feeling generous) coupon for just the evening? you know.... because you love us.

whatever you guys do, i'll be there

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: Workshop question- need some input from you guys. [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would definitely second this idea. I'd love to hear what Tom has to say about Titanflex.

I'd also be interested in seeing Bjorn talk about his training, racing, Silverman, etc.

Another idea would be someone to come in and talk about training with power.

And I live in the area so I'd come to all of them!

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Workshop question- need some input from you guys. [laim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All great ideas so far!

Matthias, owner of Ergomo will be there talking about power, training with power and its application
With Steve Hed, we figure he will talk aerodynamics, both wheel, frame and positioning
The QR guys will probably talk about frame design, bike building, geometries, fit and materials. Both Brad DeVaney (engineer from QR) and Steve worked with Lance, so maybe some really cool anactodal stories too!
I was also thinking maybe bring someone in to speak about nutrition? There is a chance that Bjorn woul be there as I have to ask Jason because I know he is going to race the Tour of Belize stage race with a team down there built around him (just good bike training for him Id say!!!) but he might be around for the time- we are thinking it would be Febuary 9th.

keep the ideas coming! we can and will do other workshops later in the year too, so if it doesnt work out for this one, we have others! We area also going to try to do a webcast for those who are not in the NYC area.

All the best,

Al Cabbad
R&A Cycles
al@racycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh right... i didn't see Ergomo in your original post. you're one step ahead of me!

and nutrition is a great idea too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you thinking....

Weekend or weekday?
All day or part of a day?
Only bike or include swim/run?
RSVP?
Personal or mass communication?
QA or broadcast?
Cost?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blackwell's John Cobb and Dave Bunce.....DeSoto Triathlon and of course Emilio himself!!!
Quote Reply