Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wireless Yurbuds
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about ditching my iPod Nano and using a SPI belt so I can listen to Pandora via Bluetooth headphones. Has anybody tried these? Honestly I'm sick of all the songs on my iPod and would like the ability to listen to audio books or something else. For those that hate running with music...yes I do that too.

http://yurbuds.com/...ss.html#/color-black

Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fwiw, I've had two pairs of Yurbuds and both sucked. I've also had a pair of Jaybirds, which supposedly are among the better wireless headphones, and was left unimpressed (audio was meh but battery life was terrible). Taking those two data points.... I would never consider a pair of wireless yurbuds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a pair of whatever brand it is that Crowie has his pic on the cover of. they sucked because they could not be comfortably worn with sunglasses, too big over the ears. I think I got them (and returned them) to my Verizon store.

Looking at the Jaybirds but they're well over $100, as far as I recall.

I currently use a pair of LG Tone, but they suck for running so I only use them for lifting or on the stationary bike at my gym. I'm in the same boat as you, tired of my ipod (nano) and want to listen to pandora, just don't want to run a cord down to my spibelt (though currently I am doing that until I find a wireless pair).

Lots of brands of bluetooth sport headphones out there. Most, if not all, get pretty mixed or bad reviews sadly.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Last edited by: Mendeldave: Sep 23, 14 13:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into the Jabra Pulse. Headphones, and heart rate monitor. Pretty cool if you're going to wear headphones and bring your phone with you anyway. They look a lot more solid given that they have the little fin deal that should add some stability
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Jaybirds - they're fantastic. Battery life is great, they stay put, and the sounds is very good while still keeping some outside sound available so I don't get run over.

I don't like the on-ear controls that Yurbuds is offering, think it would dislodge the earbud every time. Also, the mic on the Jaybirds is hands down the best I've every used, so it's nice to repurpose it for business use - makes the price a tad easier to swallow.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading this article when looking at some TriRig brakes for my bikes. Haven't tried them or know anything about them but sounds interesting. No matter which earbuds I try, they all end up falling out of my ears at some point while running.

http://www.tririg.com/...5_in_ear_custom_IEMs
Last edited by: mattr: Sep 23, 14 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Fwiw, I've had two pairs of Yurbuds and both sucked. I've also had a pair of Jaybirds, which supposedly are among the better wireless headphones, and was left unimpressed (audio was meh but battery life was terrible). Taking those two data points.... I would never consider a pair of wireless yurbuds.

Ditto. Yurbuds are the worst headphones I have ever used, by a mile. I use $7 Walmart specials over an almost brand new pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Jaybirds specifically? I too am looking for a wireless pair to use on the TV while I'm on the trainer.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlueBuds X
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like them, fit great never fall out, batt live is good......9 out 10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got em, they work pretty ok. Took me a while to get the right size tips to make them fit in my ears better. I have warrantied a pair of them though, killed with sweat but that's to be expected, i kill everything with sweat. The sound is pretty ok and it's nice to be able to hear ambient noises. The phone functionality is a little lacking and where you have the phone located affects bluetooth performance.

For instance left rear jersey pocket is spotty for me, right rear works better. Same with running. Left pocket pad, right ok. They have that information in the instructions though but I never realized how annoying it would be as I'm a lefty

I also had the Jaybirds Bluebuds X and returned them. Couldn't get them to stay in my ears. Tried all the tips, with the flanges and without
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless Yurbuds [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlueBuds X....expensive but worth it if your active. I had water damage to a pair and replacement was seamless. They can be tricky to get fitting right, but they stay in, but not sealed while running (good for safety!)

And if you run with sunglasses or a hat they stay in even better

USAT gets 25% off I believe

Quote Reply