Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter bike goggles?
Quote | Reply
I hope you don't mind these newbie questions:

I think I managed to successfully survive this winter while riding my bike to commute almost every day, but today was snowing and windy at the same time and almost all of the snowflakes landed in my eyes. I bought a pair of bike goggles waaaay back when I bought my first bike as a teenager, but I never wear it. Now that winter is here I almost always would like to wear a pair of goggles to protect my eyes against snow and rain, but I guess my cheap old one wouldn't really help there.
Do you have any suggestion for winter bike goggles? Or rain goggles?

On another hand I ride on the bike road (which is next to the cars) usually and I am often blinded by the cars light at night. I guess a pair of sunglasses would work against the cars light, but I wouldn't be able to see a thing wearing them at night. :-D
Is there any solution for this, is there a goggle which can shade the cars incoming light, but shade back to normal when there are no cars?
Last edited by: Lighttower: Feb 4, 16 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Winter bike goggles? [Lighttower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would ski goggles work for you?

A few years ago I rode my mountain bike on cold snow covered trails in the winter and I used my snowboard helmet and goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear ski goggles for my bike commute. A little bit of tint takes away the headlight glare, and no more cold face. It usually has to get close to freezing before I wear them (balaclava weather).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to a large Harley-Davidson dealer. The ones around here have a huge selection of eyewear, and I found goggles for ~ $10. They had tinted and clear, but no photochromatic. They are much lower-profile than ski goggles, very close in size to traditional bike glasses, but they have an open foam surround. It's enough to prevent wind and precipitation from getting in, but breathes some. Elastic strap instead of arms. Obviously not H-D brand, some accessory company.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply