Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wiggle shipping to USA
Quote | Reply
Morning.
I did a search and found some threads from several years ago, but curious on how folks have done with buying from Wiggle insofar as wait times, condition of package upon arrival and general satisfaction? I found a wheelset priced nicely, better that US shops, it's a $70 difference, not huge, but we all have a comfort factor with whom to do business with. BTW, wheels aren't available right now through my local shops, so that's why this time I'm on the interweb. Thanks for the tips.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [RK250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a bag from Wiggles yesterday for the 1st time. I'll let you know once I get it. I live in NJ.
Last edited by: skwan: Jan 16, 15 7:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may be the prior thread you referenced: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._is_amazing_P4643770

Partly relying on that thread, I ordered the same SciCon bag as the OP of that thread last fall. Delivery was very timely (~3 days), but I got stuck paying import duties that erased any savings compared to buying from a US company/website. Other orders from there and Chain Reaction have not been subject to duties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just like buying from any other online vendor. Except shipping takes 2 weeks. (editing to add that I'm in the continental USA)
Last edited by: nickwhite: Jan 16, 15 8:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For any Canadians out there, I ordered about $700 worth of misc. equipment from them in the fall and it arrived through Canada post with zero duties, zero tax.

From what I can tell it is a bit of a crapshoot though, I've had to pax sales tax on a ChainReaction order in the past.

Yes, I know this makes me a bad Canuck for not buying local, but when the costs come in at more than 50% less it is hard to resist. And that is before the potential added bonus of no sales tax on arrival.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [Dufflite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last two orders from Wiggle have come to Canada via DHL rather than Canada Post (I just used the regular free shipping option). As a result, I have had to pay customs/tax on both. Fortunately DHL has a much more reasonable brokerage/processing fee than the crooks at UPS. However, if DHL is going to be the norm then I may reconsider since DHL will always apply any taxes as opposed to the randomness you get from Canada Post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spent around 1k in the last 16 months there. No problems shipping to Canada. Some taxes when I paid extra for the faster options but virtually none when it came via the mail system.

I had a kids road bike sent over and shipping was only 115.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last order came Canada Post. Got it last night, order placed Jan 2.

Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Just like buying from any other online vendor. Except shipping takes 2 weeks. (editing to add that I'm in the continental USA)

This used to be the case for me (east coast, USA). Now I get hit with fees and duties for orders from wiggle, total cycling, and probikekit. It look like most of the extras cost is "handling" charges from the folks collecting the customs duty. It often more than erases any savings from these sites.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

This used to be the case for me (east coast, USA). Now I get hit with fees and duties for orders from wiggle, total cycling, and probikekit. It look like most of the extras cost is "handling" charges from the folks collecting the customs duty. It often more than erases any savings from these sites.

Wow, so you have extra charges that you have to pay the delivery driver?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just before Christmas I ordered 48 x 650c tubes from Wiggle, as they were a great deal cost me around $85 with free shipping. I ordered on Sunday the package arrived by DHL on Wednesday I live in S California so it was super fast shipping. I did not have to pay any duty or extra tax, but in saying that I ordered a sweater from a store in the UK which arrived within 7 days by Fed Ex, thankfully the sweater was too small for me and I returned it, at their cost as it was mismarked but then the next day I got a letter in the mail from FedEx saying I owed $56 in duty and processing fee, I sent them copies of my return postage information and told them I had returned the sweater so hopefully that is the end of that story, so just remember you can get the stuff then be hit up later like I was with a demand letter from the carrier which is passed on to them by customs but as far as how quick Wiggle shipped my item it was incredible fast just 4 days. Cheer LA Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
Last order came Canada Post. Got it last night, order placed Jan 2.

Hmm, I wonder why they are picking on me. My last order was Dec 26th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I ordered from them once, no issues and fast shipping. Have read some bad reviews. My take on them is go ahead and give it a shot if you have time to wait. If you need something by a deadline it might be better to go elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like taxes?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ordered two 6800 group sets many tubes and clothes from Wiggle in the past year. Comes in less than a week! Great prices and great service!

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ordered from them 10 times or so and never had a problem. I usually spend whatever the cut off is for free shipping and then pay $6.95 to upgrade. I live in Hawaii and packages usually arrive in 3-5 days depending on when I order. Once or twice, things were packed in a way that I personally wouldn't have, but everything has always been in working order. I've never been hit with any fees later, but I believe bike parts are duty free. I can't remember if I've ever ordered clothing, which I think is taxed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a campy wheel set from wiggle and was happy with the product and shipping. Wiggle is my first stop for tri gear. Think it's about a week shipping
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience (in the order of shipping speed to PA):

Ribble: usually less than a week (I've had Monday orders arrive on Friday).

Wiggle and Chainreactioncycles: about 10-14 days shipping.

Probikekit: 2+ weeks (used to be like ribble)
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about merlin? shipping time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the slow reply. No. The order sits in "customs" until I pay the charges. Then it gets delivered.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any recent experiences with duties on Chainreaction shipments to the US? Their price for the Ultegra 6800 wheels is silly low with the exchange rate, but I don't want to get blow out of the water by a hidden charge.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ordered from CRC in several months. I also have never ordered anything as large as a wheelset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought from Wiggle on 3 separate occasions and had it sent to New Zealand.

Took about a week each time (including weekends). Packaged securely and never any damage.

I never buy from anywhere else other than wiggle. Only exception is bike shoes. No wonder my local bike stores are going out of business.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggle shipping to USA [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
My last two orders from Wiggle have come to Canada via DHL rather than Canada Post (I just used the regular free shipping option). As a result, I have had to pay customs/tax on both. Fortunately DHL has a much more reasonable brokerage/processing fee than the crooks at UPS. However, if DHL is going to be the norm then I may reconsider since DHL will always apply any taxes as opposed to the randomness you get from Canada Post.

I'm in Canada. Asked Wiggle how it would ship and they said regular post. I was fine with the wait as I was in no hurry. Instead it arrived 2 days later by DHL and they wanted $37 to release it for a $100 order. Basically a 40% tax. No thanks I said. 2 weeks later I am still trying to get it sorted out with Wiggle, but I will I not order from them again.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some aerobars from Wiggle then the handlebars they were going to go on broke and I tried to return my aerobars but was quoted $160 by 3 different couriers to ship it back to Wiggle. $50 more than what I paid for the damn aerobars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next