Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet?
Quote | Reply
Since we're in the post-Kona blues period now, how about a fun thread? What are your 2015 race plans and goals?

Racing Goals:
1. Focus on Toughman events - I'm a Toughman ambassador now, and their growing series calendar helps me towards goal #2.
2. Continuing towards my goal of racing in all 50 states and 10 other countries before I die. It's more fun for the family, too. Hooray for racecations!
3. Focus on half triathlons - I did this in 2013, and it really made training simple. I just like the distance a lot. I'm going to go for quality rather than quantity, though - just 4 triathlons.
4. More cycling-specific events - I usually do a few half-marathons and marathons outside of triathlons, but I'm hoping to do some time trials, maybe a gran fondo, and a couple of other big fun rides.
5. Lose some more weight.
6. Volunteer some more.

Racing Calendar:
May 30 - Toughman Indiana - starting the tri season with a favorite from the last couple of years.

June 14 - Challenge Williamsburg - OK, not a Toughman event, but something I had planned as a racecation several months ago. A new state for my race list. I've really enjoyed the Rev3 events, and am looking forward to the Challenge experience. Also looking forward to exposing the kids to some American history.

July 26 - Toughman Minnesota - looking forward to getting back to the home country, as I'm originally from Minnesota. This will be my first time racing in MN.

September 13 - Toughman Championship - I've qualified for it, but haven't done it yet. I'm going to change that next year. This will be my first time in New York state (other than an airport).

October 9-11 - Hilly Hundred - a ride in southern Indiana, including camping and some challenging terrain (relative to the rest of Indiana). Over 100 miles, spread out over a weekend. Should be fun.

November - Monumental Marathon (Indianapolis) - one marathon to finish off the year. They sucked me in with the new 4 piece medal they are starting this year.

Sprinkle in some time trial stuff and some other non-racing related plans, and 2015 gives me a lot to be excited about. What are your 2015 race plans and goals? What are you excited about?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worlds!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Are you already qualified?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All done - sat down with my coach today

mid december - 15 K cross country, NYC

February - 15 K, central park

March - hell of hunterdon , NJ - 80 miler hard ride

April - tour of battenkill

May 5th - devilman (half "lite")

Mid may - AMZOF - middle distance

July - IM UK

October - Kona (if all goes as planned)

cheers

steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race calendar simply rolls over from this fiscal year to the next. I kinda like routine. Ditto for my race goals, which are generic enough to roll over.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im aiming for beach 2 battleship. i wanna lose my 140.6 virginity.

also thinking of doing the tosrv with some family in the spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
st croix 70.3
boston marathon (maybe, it'll be a bandit if i decide to run it)
challenge AC
mascomaman 70.3
mass state triathlon (oly, states)
mill city triathlon (oly)
timberman 70.3
reach the beach relay
ironman maryland
monster dash duathlon
feaster five

i had a slow year 2014. i tend to do a hard year (2013 was 13 races in 6 months) then an off year, then another busy year.

john
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon. How many IM's have you done already?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your going to love Williamsburg and the Toughman Championship. Make sure you sign the kids up for the Toughkids Championship the day before (its a lot more fun watching the kids than racing yourself)

For me for sure unless they don't open registration:

Fly-by-Night Du
AZ DU
Tri-Ridgefield
Rev3 Quassy
Delta Lake
West Point
Skinnyman.

At least 5 or 6 more

Volunteering:
Toughkids Syracuse
Toughkids West Point
Toughkids Championship
Westchester Tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Worlds!

+ 1
Only thing in my calendar so far...Chicago.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMRacine July
IMWisconsin September
MS150 Wisconsin August

I'm sure there will be some fun stuff sprinkled in there too
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me_XMan wrote:
ahhchon. How many IM's have you done already?

in 2011 i did my first one. IMLP i pretty much did nothing after that other than RTB and a thanksgiving race

2012 i didn't do much. timberman half, then pumpkinman half, then reach the beach and thanksgiving race, maybe a duathlon

2013 i did patriot half, mass state oly, mill city oly, timberman half, imwi, reach the beach 4 days later, monster dash duathlon, thanksgiving race, ragnar san diego trail (ultra team), imcoz and a few others

2014 i did mascomaman and challenge ac, rtb, i still have monster dash duathlon for fun and the thanksgiving race

i'll probably try to sprinkle in a marathon somewhere in there as i'm trying to tag my 50 states. i try to get 3 a year and make one of them an ironman.

john
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much! 2015 is a bucket list year for me which means no triathlon. Going to finally scratch that ultra running itch.

Badwater Cape Fear 51.4 Mile in March

North Face ECS Ontario 50M in July

And then ride my bike for the rest of the Summer :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • Winter: A few of local 10K's, probably a few XC ski races through winter. Potentially an early spring 70.3 down south (depends on work sched and winter training).
  • Spring: likely St Croix + IM Texas. I like having some spring targets to get me through the winter
  • Summer: Tremblant 70.3 (local)+ Tupper Lake (local) + Muskoka 70.3 (semi local/optional, depends on family plans) + IM Whistler (family trip). Then 70.3 WC in Austria (qualified at Silverman..will be a guy's trip)
  • Fall: Silverman 70.3 again. Love that race. Close the year off hopefully with a climb up Mauna Kea. Yes, I like half IM racing.

Dev
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 15, 14 21:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only two on the books so far, ITU Long Course Worlds in Sweden in June and IMWI in Sept. Still trecovering from getting hit on the bike by an SUV in June and I just had my knee scoped last week. Took on a coach for thi year and will go with what my coach deems smart for races this year . last year was a bust after only three races and getting hit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stand alone Marathon this month.

Continue to run and train until Dec 1st

Dec until feb cross country ski-snow board and cycle until Feb for fun

March start back training triathlon specific

2015 races:

IM Maryland
IM Florida
(Sprinkled in Raleigh 70.3, a few 13.1 and another 70.3 not sure yet)

Goals:BQ break 10hours at both IM's
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Run For Money] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mar. Shamrock half marathon
May. Kinetic 1/2 iron
Raleigh 70.3
Jun. IMCdA
Sep. Rock N Roll va Beach 1/2 marathon
IM Chattanooga
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rev3/Challenge Quassy
Musselman
IM Muskoka
Reach the Beach Relay
Hartford Marathon

AP Racing Crew|Cupcake Cartel|Picky Bar AmBadassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already registered for:

Puerto Rico 70.3
NOLA 70.3
Alcatraz
IM Boulder
IM Maryland
IM Louisville
70.3 WC in Austria
IMAZ (will register the day before this year)

Will do lots of road races and pick up several more marathon states (doing 50 states), but need to figure out which ones I'll be hitting next year - the IMs are easier to plan because you have to register so far in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting back on track with my goal of joining the 7 Continent Marathon Club! These will be numbers 4, 5, and 6.

-January 23rd Dubai Marathon
-Feb 22 Seychelles Marathon
-Sept 27 Patagonia Marathon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough to plan until the see if I get into worlds in may. If not signed up for iml 70.3

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a bit of a backwards schedule, but it's just how it worked out this year...

IM South Africa
Michigan Mountain Mayhem 200k
Challenge New Albany
IM Gdynia 70.3
IM Augusta 70.3