Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down?
Quote | Reply
Okay, since Dan is going to come up and do the Donner Olympic distance race and kick my butt, who wants to join us in this fun?

http://donnerlaketri.com/

July 26th.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Mar 26, 15 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Race!!

I love their description of the Olympic bike course after the first climb.
"This portion of the course is relatively flat with small rolling hills."

There is as much climbing on the return as there is on the out.

I've only done the race once and highly recommend it
Quote Reply
Re: Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am tempted, although I don't bat in the same AG division.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:
I am tempted, although I don't bat in the same AG division.

Nah, come join us! One of the few places in Northern Calif not impacted at all by the drought.
Crystal clear clean water.

And who knows, if we get enough ST folks to race, maybe we can get our own race space?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down? [dwreal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dwreal wrote:
Great Race!!

I love their description of the Olympic bike course after the first climb.
"This portion of the course is relatively flat with small rolling hills."

There is as much climbing on the return as there is on the out.

I've only done the race once and highly recommend it

Come on back and join us again. Yep, really not much flat on the bike which is fine with me. Separates the men from the boys. :)
Or in my case, everyone passes me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, who else is in Donner to watch Dan kick my butt?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave, sounds like fun and I will try to make it. You should get Jim S. And his wife to do the race also!
Quote Reply
Re: Who will join us in the Slowman/h2ofun Donner July 26th smack down? [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talegater wrote:
Hi Dave, sounds like fun and I will try to make it. You should get Jim S. And his wife to do the race also!

Great.

Jim and Linda raced last year. Neither of them do well at elevation so not sure what will happen this year. I think they both will
do Donner. They usually stay with me but instead I have 2 friends driving down from washington to do Donner and staying with me.

Jim broke his thumb in the snow a month ago so the poor guy just keeps getting hurt.

Quote Reply