Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who has put together their own treadmill? Nordictrack Commercial 1750
Quote | Reply
I am considering getting a Nordictrack treadmill but do not live in an area where they can move and assemble it for me. How hard is it to assemble? I obviously want/need to do it right so that it works the way it should. I don't want to finish and have several parts still laying around! I do really enjoy following instructions and figuring things out but I get frustrated easily when things don't work as they should.

So, for those of you who have assembled your treadmill, I would appreciate a little feedback. Thanks!
Last edited by: carboner: Jan 13, 10 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The treadmill itself comes assembled in the box; all you will do is add the uprights and the head unit.

The only key is to ensure that you don't pinch the wire as your sliding the upright into place. (oh, and don't break the little plastic clip that holds the harnesses together) Other that that, it's 8 bolts and 2 screws. Easy-peasy...
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's it? Looking for information online I found several horror stories on some Nordictrack equipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's anything like the Nordictrack I got from Costco, I agree with snoots completely - putting it together is pretty simple.

The bigger problem is getting the monstrous box into your house. FWIW, I unboxed it outside so it was a *bit* easier to carry into the house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forgive me, but Nordictrack ? The guys who make Proform make this, too ! Not pointed at you, but it always amazes me that runners and triathletes buy their shoes and bikes from speciality shops but their treadmills from Sears or Costco :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I hear you - I like nice gear as much as the next guy (e.g. the Kurt Kinetic sitting beside my Nordictrack cost about 50% as much as the treadmill).

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved the Woodway, but just couldn't justify the extra thousandS, especially when I wasn't sure if running on it would make me want to poke my eyes out and turn it into a laundry hanger. Turns out it *does* make me want to poke my eyes out, but it still gets a lot of use in spite of that.

It was actually quite well reviewed and I'm surprisingly pleased with it after close to a couple years.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [charris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so you know the Nordictrack T9ci was rated "Don't Buy. Performance Problems" by Consumer Reports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good thing I didn't buy that one. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's it - 4 pieces, 8 bolts, 2 screws and a clip.

Getting the 3 friends who help you carry it in to agree on what kind of beer they want you to buy them as payment will likely be more complicated... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, the point being Icon makes NordicTrack, Reebook and Proform and these almost all have performance issues if you use them. Disclaimer: I work in specialty fitness and we use to see Proform. After just one service call, the next problem we were told to destroy the unit by Icon. It wasn't even work fixing again and it was only a demo model.

Just saying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put together my Sole F-85 a couple of years ago. It was simple. A little time-consuming (maybe 2 hours instead of the 1 it could have been) but simple. Never was their a point when I sat and wondered what I had to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I put together my Sole F-85 a couple of years ago. It was simple. A little time-consuming (maybe 2 hours instead of the 1 it could have been) but simple. Never was their a point when I sat and wondered what I had to do. "

good to hear as my F-85 should be here on friday....... now if i can only get some friends to help move the darn thing....

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have hardwood floors, better be sure to have the treadmill mat underneath it!
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carpet... check
treadmill mat... check
big fan... check
treadmill....... still waiting
thanks

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
specialty shops? Not everyone my friend, my shoes come mostly from the Nike outlet store and my bike was bought used and upgraded slowly using ebay and the classifieds here on slowtwitch. I like nice shit as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money so that it is THE best. Money is an issue for this high school teacher and coach with a wife (who is also a teacher) and 2 little ones.

The model I am looking at is the commercial 1750 which comes with a lifetime frame and motor warranty.

I do realize I will probably have something break at some point but with a warranty I feel ok about it. One of Nordictrack's lesser treadmills is featured in the latest RunnersWorld magazine.

If anyone has this particular model I would appreciate any feedback.
Last edited by: carboner: Jan 13, 10 10:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Costco is the bomb.

I had a previous costco treadmill for 3 yrs. Couldn't get it fixed, and they took it back and i got the nordictrack.

Knowing if it shits the bed I can return it for a FULL REFUND makes it worthwhile.

As for assembly, not that hard, but you'll want a 2nd person to help. There are some heavy ass parts.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't doubt for a second what Runguy is saying - but for me it was a budgeting issue and a risk/reward tradeoff I was willing to make.

Here are a couple other related threads for you if you haven't seen them already:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=2616298
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=2616395
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
specialty shops? Not everyone my friend, my shoes come mostly from the Nike outlet store and my bike was bought used and upgraded slowly using ebay and the classifieds here on slowtwitch. I like nice shit as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money so that it is THE best. Money is an issue for this high school teacher and coach with a wife (who is also a teacher) and 2 little ones.

The model I am looking at is the commercial 1750 which comes with a lifetime frame and motor warranty.

I do realize I will probably have something break at some point but with a warranty I feel ok about it. One of Nordictrack's lesser treadmills is featured in the latest RunnersWorld magazine.

If anyone has this particular model I would appreciate any feedback.

I've got the Nordic Track Commercial Unit - It's GREAT. I've had if for close to a year and have had no problems. It's stable, it feels like it should have cost much more $$$. Really, I was just telling my wife what a steal it is. I like NICE stuff but this just made sense. I use the thing a lot, between my wife and I it get's used 7 days a week...no problems. I did buy the extended warranty for piece of mind. Hell, at this price, you can buy it, have the warranty and after 5 years, throw it out and get a new one and you are still less than 1/3 of the price of the expensive units. By the way, an option for getting the unit is to buy it directly from Nordic Track. Call them, tell them how much it is at Costco, and they match the price. You can then get the in home service plan for like $150 for 5 years and you are all set - YOU CAN'T GET THE MAINTENANCE/SERVICE AGREEMENT FROM COSTCO WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT IT FROM NORDICTRAC. Also, they deliver it to your house so all you have to do is bring it in and set it up...which by the way....is very easy, maybe 45 minutes and you are good to go. BIGGEST STEAL EVER!
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? Nordictrack Commercial 1750 [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone here owns the nordictrack commercial 1750 would you be able to tell me how high off the ground the track is? I want to buy one but have low ceilings and want to know how it compares to the treadmill I have now.

Thank you so much! Can't find this info anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? Nordictrack Commercial 1750 [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took my son and I two hours. He's seven and I could have done it myself in an hour without letting him feel in charge. Have had it four months and someone in my house uses it everyday and it's been fantastic. Reviews on it are stellar and I see why. Lifetime warranty is a nice bonus. Would not hesitate to buy again. Same machine Lionel sanders uses. If it's good enough to take his workouts I trust it for mine.
Last edited by: aries33: Jan 31, 15 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? Nordictrack Commercial 1750 [Schn0390] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a CX1750 and love it. The belt is about 12" off the floor, of course the front is a bit higher.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has put together their own treadmill? Nordictrack Commercial 1750 [PcolaBill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply