Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers...
Quote | Reply
Did this last year at the "brew house" Friday 3pm at the long wooden table on the patio...

Are the Fort Mac guys racing?

Had some fun, met a bunch of great people...reply below :-)

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year, the ST meetup was my highlight. Hope we can do it again!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be up there solo so I would be in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your redemption thread about boulder, cost us a few bucks ;-) my SO was looking at tickets to Muskoka after reading, worked out OK and she had a spot for this year... Also got to see my parents from Ottawa.

Friday 3pm brew house outside.

Cheers
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, it cost me quite a few bucks too. 2 IMs in 7 days and a third 2.6 months later add up tremendously! :)

Friday at 3pm it is!

Cheers,
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite like to put some faces to names ... us Brits don't get over here that often.

Friday at 3.

I take it anyone who insists on water only gets kicked out, right?
Last edited by: Greg66: Jul 19, 16 18:56
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to just have a glass of water last year, and I nearly got thrown into the nearby stream. A pint of beer is definitely required!

Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure my fam wants to go ziplining Friday since that's my "admin day". I don't post here very often but I'd love to meet a few folks!

Well, I'm not racing so I'll have 1 or 2…the beers are brewed in house so lots of great choices!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i might be able to join! doing the last minute trip to supervise all my very unreasonable athletes.... should be there around that time.... making the trip camping style!!! Living at parking Lot #4!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love to join. First time in Whistler. Always looking to meet new, friendly faces.
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're in for a treat with the weather forecast. Village atmosphere and scenic views, drive up will be fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I plan on attending as well. Travelling with 2 IM virgins and hopefully dragging them along to relieve some stress.
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnny-O - glad you are making the trip West. I too "lived in the lot" - although I'm sure my GTI has more square feet of living space than the Paseo did. Though I have heard that since getting married you may have "upgraded." Looking forward to meeting up with you at three on Friday and hearing some of your advices.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will plan to stop in with my iron sherpa in tow.
Looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Fort McMurray people that had registered for this race have chosen other races later this year due to the evacuation in May. A few of our guys raced really well at the GWN, and two of them placed first and third in the M 25-29.
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers,

Somethings are more important than triathlon for sure,

Met Kellan and the rest of the guys last year, great crew. Hope to see him in Kona again.

Wish them all the best from the Whistler crew.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kellan is doing great. He won his age group at GWN without too much bike training before the race. He's in the build for Louisville now, and he's aiming to qualify for Kona again. Bryan will be going for a spot in North Carolina as well. He finished 3rd at GWN. We are all getting back into training and getting back to a normal life. Julie, Dayna and Whitney are doing fine as well. I'll mention your name when I see them tomorrow. We have a great bunch of people up here. There are many great athletes, and even better people.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are heading over the Duffy please be careful...just spent the night at "hotel Kal Tire" in lilouette. big rocks everywhere.

Hopefully I have absorbed all the flat tire bad luck for everyone racing ;-)

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't make it. Very busy at work could not take time off this week. I'm setting off for Whistler at 5 AM tomorrow. Should be there by 9, 10 at the latest. Gives me 2-3 hours to pick up the packet (Racing the half) and another few hours for a ride to T1 and shuttle ride back. That's the plan. Hope it works out.
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Maurice for getting this organized, good beer and great people - best of luck to those from Man Beach, Austin, London, Boulder, Kamloops, and Atlanta!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck to you, too. It was great meeting you!
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler slowtwitch meet up & beers... [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
Thanks to Maurice for getting this organized, good beer and great people - best of luck to those from Man Beach, Austin, London, Boulder, Kamloops, and Atlanta!

Best of luck to all of you. You should have a perfect day. Whenever I am at one of these ST pre race meet ups, the next day is either oppressive heat, typhoon rain storms, freezing cold or weather extreme. I'll be following you guys online tomorrow. Definitely missing being in Whistler!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the positive energy out on the run course - it really helped!

Quote Reply