Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ?
Quote | Reply
I would like to know, which will benefit me for 2015 season. Im thinking to buy computrainer OR road bike, OR mountain bike. I had a tri bike. Tell me which it ll benefit me more and step up my game for 2015 season. I already had a regular trainer (no computer) and I had a power meter on my tri bike. Your feedback would be apeericated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benefit you more...explain. What are your goals and where do you stand right now?
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever makes you ride more to make fitness gains.

My trainer and power meter are all i need, but some people lose their minds and need to get outside so mountain bike in winter is better for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan7 wrote:
I would like to know, which will benefit me for 2015 season. Im thinking to buy computrainer OR road bike, OR mountain bike. I had a tri bike. Tell me which it ll benefit me more and step up my game for 2015 season. I already had a regular trainer (no computer) and I had a power meter on my tri bike. Your feedback would be apeericated.

Thanks

Computrainer. You never have an excuse to not ride the bike, ever.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going with MTB, cos having options when it comes to your training will likely help keep you motivated.... Mashing away on the road or TT rig for the most part is cool, but when you do get over it, going out on the mtb can restore the fun of it all....
Get a hard tail 29er and u can do CX racing too ...

Of course the correct answer is all of them, but I'm sure u know that already...
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on this. The MTB will provide great workouts and improve your bike handling skills tremendously, which, assuming you are a triathlete, suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It REALLY depends on where you live.
If there are good roads to ride on, get a road bike.
If there aren't roads, but there is a good trail system, get the mtb.
If you can't ride outside where you live, or if you only ever want to ride in the middle of the night, sure, computrainer.
I'd always take riding outside over riding inside when it's possible. But it's not always possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say either Computrainer (love mine) or MTB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How "weak" are you on the bike? What is the road scene like in your local area? Is there weekly road rides you could attend if you had a road bike? Are you interested in doing road races at all?

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Dan7 wrote:

Thanks

Computrainer. You never have an excuse to not ride the bike, ever.

x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assume all time and distance equal. Assuming you use them each to their fullest.

a mountain bike will give you the most fun

a road bike will make you a better all around cyclist

a computrainer will make you stronger and faster

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Computrainer without question. It actually has a guarantee of sorts that it will make you faster, and I believe that is quite true. You'll wonder why you waited to get one. As far as the mountain bike, yes it will give you better skills, but every one of my friends and myself have all had injuries from mountain biking, as there's always a tree that will get in your way. Broken fingers, collar bones, etc are quite common as you get more brave. Stay with the Computrainer....
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I would say either Computrainer (love mine) or MTB.

This x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which did you select?
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Assume all time and distance equal. Assuming you use them each to their fullest.

a mountain bike will give you the most fun

a road bike will make you a better all around cyclist

a computrainer will make you stronger and faster

I agree with this response, you will enjoy and get benefit from all of them, but I would start with the computrainer if you had to choose.

Btw, check out DC Rainmakers review on indoor bike trainers ( and other tri gear) If I remember, he gave some very positive reviews to some other trainers on the market.
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [sparkysfat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sparkysfat wrote:
Benefit you more...explain. What are your goals and where do you stand right now?

My goal is getting better in bike split..My first Ironman was at Texas- My bike spilt is 5:30, My Second IM was at Arizona, my bike split is 5:32.
My 70.3 bike spilt is from 2:26-2:36.
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
It REALLY depends on where you live.
If there are good roads to ride on, get a road bike.
If there aren't roads, but there is a good trail system, get the mtb.
If you can't ride outside where you live, or if you only ever want to ride in the middle of the night, sure, computrainer.
I'd always take riding outside over riding inside when it's possible. But it's not always possible.

I'm from Texas.
Quote Reply
Re: Which will benefit me? (Computrainer,road bike, mountain bike) ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3. CompuTrainer can do it all. We hammered a Sufferfest HIIT session last night, will race the Ironman Boulder course on Sunday, did our recurring FTP test last week, etc, etc., etc. Add in a cheap projector (such as a NEC VT670 from eBay for <$90) and you'll have a setup to drool for. And you'll ride it a lot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply