Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which head unit has largest display font?
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Garmin Edge 500 at the moment and my eyes (not as young as they used to be) would really appreciate a larger font size than I can get in the 2-up data display. Can anyone report on whether the display numbers are larger in the higher end Garmin models, or any other head units, compared to the Garmin 500? Would be really helpful to know which head unit is largest in that department. Thanks very much for any suggestions
Last edited by: ols: Apr 18, 15 13:14
Quote Reply
Re: Which head unit has largest display font? [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried setting the 500 to only one screen per page? Then scrolling through the pages, or have it auto-scroll?
Quote Reply
Re: Which head unit has largest display font? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As previously mentioned, have you tried adjusting your viewing page, on my 510 I can have one to multiple readings....... The 1000 does have a much larger viewing by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your phone. (though there are battery-life issues)

Second would be a Wahoo RFLKT+

You can configure the screens, so you can have one field be huge (and you can flip through multiple screens)

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Which head unit has largest display font? [nickwhite]5 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea. Thanks. I have not tried only one data field and scrolling. I am using 2 data fields at the moment, but will will have to try just one data field and compare (for some reason, i seem to recall that the topmost data field is the same size for 3, 2, or 1 data fields, but i need to recheck..)

As for comparisons to other head units, i did find a comparison of garmin head units which shows that screen display increases with higher model number:
Edge 500: 128.x 160
Edge 510: 176 x 220
Edge 810: 160 x 240
Edge 1000: 240. X 400
However, i cannot telll if this translates to a larger font being displayed for the same number of data fields per screen, or simply better resolution ( or perhaps both.). A non garmin unit might also be an improvement.
Last edited by: ols: Apr 18, 15 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Which head unit has largest display font? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow the RFLKT + looks amazing. I will check that out. Thanks !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar issue and moved from the 500 to the 510. It's not only the size of the font it's also the clarity of the display (resolution). The 510. In comparison the 500 looks like old LCD technology. And yes the ideas of the single data field and scrolling is great.

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply