Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which bike for Evergreen sprint?
Quote | Reply
I am all about the tri bike for most races but I just drove the bike course for the Evergreen sprint this weekend and think I would be out on the horns for most of the bike. I would love any info from anyone that has raced this in the past. I am also wondering if my Bell javelin may be too hot during the climb. I tried a search but found nothing. Really looking forward to this beautiful race.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike for Evergreen sprint? [stevemurf1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not done this race but ride up there all the time (including Stagecoach section) on my TT bike. There is more than enough of the course that you will be able to ride in aero to make it worth it.

In the morning it is pretty cool up there so the Javelin should be fine as well.

Have fun! I'll be up in Calgary for the 70.3 there.

Jeffrey Sankoff, MD
TriDoc Coaching/TriDoc Podcast
Train hard, train healthy
http://www.tridocpodcast.com
http://www.tridoccoaching.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a couple loops of the bike course this past Sunday on my Plasma, with a 12-25 cassette. I was out of the aerobars for a solid few miles, but more than made up for it on the final 4 miles. A strong descender will make up a lot of time coming down Stagecoach and Evergreen Parkway for sure. Unfortunately I think I go up faster than I go down.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike for Evergreen sprint? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I have gotten 50/50 feedback so far. I may just go for the tri bike as to not disrupt my normal race day routine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevemurf1 wrote:
I am all about the tri bike for most races but I just drove the bike course for the Evergreen sprint this weekend and think I would be out on the horns for most of the bike. I would love any info from anyone that has raced this in the past. I am also wondering if my Bell javelin may be too hot during the climb. I tried a search but found nothing. Really looking forward to this beautiful race.

I did the race in 2012 and only had my road bike available at the time (tri bike was on other other side of the country). Was the only time I was ever glad to have a road bike during a tri. The bike course climbed for 7.5 miles relentlessly, followed by 5 miles of twisty high speed descent.

Would you be at a disadvantage on a tri bike? No. But I certainly didn't feel like my road bike was a disadvantage either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevemurf1 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have gotten 50/50 feedback so far. I may just go for the tri bike as to not disrupt my normal race day routine.

This is my plan, minus the aerojacket though. Not enough flat or downhill to make it worthwhile.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply