Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Which bike do you use on your trainer?
Quote | Reply
I currently use my "old" tri bike on my trainer instead of my current race tri-bike. How about you? What do you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only tri bike; my race bike. I do, however, keep a towel over it to absorb my sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my my race bike - tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you train on the bike you race on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My road and my tri depending on what I've got going on and the time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri bike.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use an older tribike on my trainer and race with my new race bike. Almost same setup, just don't want to have to remove bike/put it back etc
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [Flagster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm concerned the trainer would stress my race bike/tires and also the hassle of removing/re-installing the bike in the trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Primarily I use my only tri bike on rollers with a set of trainer type wheels on a spare set of rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [The Phoenix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Phoenix wrote:
Use an older tribike on my trainer and race with my new race bike. Almost same setup, just don't want to have to remove bike/put it back etc

Same here…built a tri bike for the trainer. Matched up specs to my race bike. I do 90% of my riding on the computrainer and my bike on the trainer gets pretty nasty. I got an old frame for next to nothing (classifieds) and built it up with old parts I had laying around (i did purchase a saddle…the same as my race/outdoor bike). Really pleased with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
I'm concerned the trainer would stress my race bike/tires and also the hassle of removing/re-installing the bike in the trainer.
Understand but I think it is important to train as much as possible on the bike you will race on. Tires can be a pain if you don't have dedicated race wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my road bike on the trainer for most of the winter, then switched to my tri bike last month to get used to the different geometry, saddle, etc before taking it out on the road (it's my first season with it). Have a trainer tire for the road bike, and a separate trainer wheel for the tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [Flagster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I have just one set of wheels. (race wheels)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old roadie with clip on aeros, reversed seat post and an impressive arrangement of spider webs on the front wheel.

Close enough to my tri bike geometry for my inexact purposes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my older tri bike, its set up the same position as my race bike. Different seat though which can be a pain sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently have 3 in the stable (used to be 4 but I sold it to pay for other stuff).

1. TT/Tri - Felt B12
2. Road - Trek Pilot 5.9 (last Carbon Fiber version)
3. MTB Hardtail - Raleigh Talus 8.0

I ride the Road bike the most and have the Felt on the trainer currently (that will come off for races and a local TT series). The MTB I fit in when I can but it is not as much as I'd like as last year rained enough to close the dirt trails on days I could go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one bike so by default it's also my trainer bike. I do however swap in an old rear wheel with its own cassette and trainer tire.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My tri/race bike with a trainer tire/cheap wheel setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only bike. I had it serviced last week after a couple of months of nothing except indoor rides on Trainer Road, and the sweat had destroyed my headset bearings, seized my front dérailleur, and given my bottom bracket a good creaking sound.
Now I tie a towel around the seat post and drape it over the aerobars to catch all the sweat that used to run over the bike and pool on the mat under the bike

Its about the entire journey, not just the moment you cross the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race bike (Cervelo P3) with a trainer wheel. I don't use a towel, I just sweat all over that puppy. Also have a road bike for majority of outdoor training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race bike. I don't even bother swapping the rear wheel/tire. Michelin Krylion 23c does double duty just fine. I keep a towel over the bars to prevent sweat damage.

Given the condition of the roads in my area, my bike probably gets more abuse in a single outdoor ride than a winter's worth of trainer rides.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri bike, race bike, only bike. Did IM Los Cabos 3 weeks ago entirely on trainer miles.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want complete sweat protection for your race bike on a trainer, go here: http://www.anaerobiczone.com

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackthugcat wrote:
My old roadie with clip on aeros, reversed seat post and an impressive arrangement of spider webs on the front wheel.

Close enough to my tri bike geometry for my inexact purposes.

+1. Much easier to have an inside and an outiside ride each ready to go at any time without having to do any last-minute set-up, wheel swap, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an old Fuji Marseille steel frame bike that I use 100% on my trainer. In
fact it has no brakes since I've robbed them to put on another bike.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next