Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to stay for Challenge Roth?
Quote | Reply
I am racing challenge Roth for the first time this July. The goal is a new "Iron distance PB", sub 9:30. I. Have never been to Germany other than layovers in Frankfurt on two occasions. I am looking for insight on the best accommodation option. I see two options ( but there may be others I am unaware of?)

1)find a homestay in Roth
2) hotel in Nuremberg

On the surface it seems the homestay is a better option as it would give me a taste of the local culture and also closer to the race venue and pre-race festivities.

A hotel might allow a bit more predictability but also means being further from the race venue.

Does anyone have insight?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay for Challenge Roth? [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was looking for homestays last December for Roth, they were all fully booked already. So I just booked a hotel in Nuremberg near a train station that will be able to take me into Roth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year we stayed at the Hotel Schneider in Allersberg which is just down the road from Roth. However, you'd need to hire a car so not sure how useful this will be for you. There are a few hotels around there which seemed to be full of triathletes. I'd rather stay there than Nuremberg as its a lot closer and had a few good restaurants and bars in the town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's a bit late for homestay.
Nuremberg: I stayed at Novotel + car. Easy to travel.
One slightly annoying thing in Roth is that T1, T2 and finish are in different places. Most people end up leaving their car at T1 (lots of space to park). Your bags are moved to T2 and finish. Then it's a often painful matter of walking / hitchhiking to T2, and then a slow ride back with bags to T1.
See you there! 100 days to go ;)

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply