Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to run in Tampa, FL?
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Tampa next week for several days. The actual address I'll be staying in is Lutz.

I would prefer to run on the coast if possible? If not, I'm just looking for somewhere safe to run or an 1-2 hours a day.

I'm fine with driving 20-30 minutes to a location as well.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Where to run in Tampa, FL? [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm more familiar with the Palm Harbor, Oldsmar areas west of that location. In those areas, I'd recommend the multi-use trails around Lake Tarpon and further west on the Pinellas trail. Safety harbor also has a nice (if short) trail along the bay. Near there is also Phillipe Park. And further south, the Ream Wilson trail and the park (Del Oro?) it dumps into near the bay is nice. I've seen run races held there.

http://www.pinellascounty.org/...PDF/discover_map.pdf

https://www.traillink.com/...learwater-trail.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: Where to run in Tampa, FL? [elvispresley2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the links! Exactly what I was looking for! Looks like Palm Harbor isn't too far away.
Last edited by: mercuryvapor: Aug 28, 14 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello- I live in Lutz. I run on the sidewalk of the major roads in the mornings, although that is not really a scenic route. If you want scenery, you can go to Flatwoods park over in new Tampa. There is a paved bicycle/running loop (7 miles) along with trails through the woods. Most triathletes head there or to the Suncoast trail to bike/run on the weekends (Suncoast is less scenic). If you want views of the Bay you can drive downtown and run along Bayshore blvd or run around Davis Island. If you want the coastline you can drive over to Clearwater beach and run along the beach or do the three bridges loop (~12 miles). You can also run along the north shore area in St Petersburg.

PM me for details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live just north off Tampa and I know Suncoast Parkway has a 42 mile paved trail for biking and running. Might be worth checking out depending how close you are.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: hickorynotch: Aug 28, 14 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Where to run in Tampa, FL? [hickorynotch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be staying at the intersection of Suncoast Parkway and HWY 54. Is that paved trail easy access from my area?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're at the Residence Inn on that intersection, you're in a great spot. If so, there is a Carrabas and Vallaratas Mexican restuarant right next to your hotel, and on the other side of the Suncoast Parkway is a Target Plaza with a Starbucks and a bike shop. The 42-mile paved trail runs parallel to the Suncoast Parkway (the intersection of Hwy 54 is actually ~ 2.5 miles north of the beginning of the trail). There is a big parking lot directly across the street from the Target Plaza with a water cooler. If you run north on the trail from Hwy 54 for appx. 3-3.5 miles, you'll come to a place where you can turn left and go onto a paved section into Starkey Park which is nice. If you don't turn left, the trail simply continues north for ~ 40 miles. There are not a ton of water coolers so you may want to take some.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to run in Tampa, FL? [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like there's great areas to run in that area. Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bay shore Boulevard in South Tampa, hands down the best running in town
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Nude Run 5k
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Paradise Lakes Resort • 2001 Paradise Lakes Blvd Lutz, FL 33558
Quote Reply