Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel upgrade advice needed
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade the road bikes wheels from stock (fulcrum racing 7). Mate has the racing zeros which seem quite nice and are in my price range. Any suggestions out there?
Road bike is mainly used for group rides and training.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel upgrade advice needed [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gunsbuns wrote:
Looking to upgrade the road bikes wheels from stock (fulcrum racing 7).

Why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gunsbuns wrote:
Looking to upgrade the road bikes wheels from stock (fulcrum racing 7). Mate has the racing zeros which seem quite nice and are in my price range. Any suggestions out there?

Seems like everybody is liking FLO wheels now a days. I'll be giving them a shot in about a month or two. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a power meter yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought of using Aero mid-profile wheels for both Tri & Road purposes?
Roval Rapide S45, Zipp 30, or Cosmic Carbone and most don't cost more than Fulcrum Zero.

Formerly known SCENERYNW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mate has the racing zeros which seem quite nice and are in my price range.

Crap aero, expensive, not very light, and needlessly proprietary. Otherwise fine.

A custom build with White Industries hubs, CX-Rays, and Pacenti SL23s would beat it in all the categories above.

Quote Reply
Re: Wheel upgrade advice needed [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
gunsbuns wrote:
Looking to upgrade the road bikes wheels from stock (fulcrum racing 7).

Why?

Why not?
Have a PM
Have a Tri bike with aero wheels
Have a sound roadie (R3) and upgrading the wheels is a common improvement. Light, robust (I'm 200ish lb), stiff, aero not so important obviously. People upgrade stuff for both functional reasons as well as just for enjoyment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gunsbuns wrote:

Fulcrum Racing Zero on my roadie as well, a great wheelset, but other than there won't be a great improvement on what you're currently on, but yes they are lighter and the carbon shell hubs look schmick, so why not.
otherwise maybe look at a 30mm semi aero lightweight wheelset, say a Shimano D/A C35.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have suggested, I'd go deeper/more aero/better bang for the buck.

rruffs suggestion is a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to buck the trend and say go with something light that looks cool. I picked up some Enve 1.45 clinchers on Chris King hubs for $900.

Old V-style that's not the most aero, but they look great and they are pretty light. And they get me excited to jump on the roadie!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel upgrade advice needed [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
I'm going to buck the trend and say go with something light that looks cool. I picked up some Enve 1.45 clinchers on Chris King hubs for $900.

Old V-style that's not the most aero, but they look great and they are pretty light. And they get me excited to jump on the roadie!

That seems to be a pretty good buy for Enve (I have the 6.7 on my Tri bike).
Quote Reply