Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel assistance
Quote | Reply
Hi
New to this so be kind.
I have a specialized cross trail which is a great hybrid running 700c's.
I want to use it a bit more like a mountain bike can I replace the rims on a straight swap for 29ers with MTB tyres?
Have tried looking for 700c tyres with a wide enough profile but don't seem to be able to find any sufficient
Help appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel assistance [Onmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
29er MTB tires are the same size. You don't need to replace the rims, just put different tires and tubes on.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel assistance [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^^This.

When looking at tubes, make sure you don't get a shraeder tube if you rims are drilled for presta (going the other way works if the presta valve stem is threaded and you use the nut they provide).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel assistance [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruce Gordon has some Rock and Road tires in a 43ish mm (1.7 inch ish) that are pretty nice and Challenge has the MSO (Missoula airport code) that are pretty nice semi trail/ road worthy tires you may want to look at. Not sure what your maximum clearance is on your bike, but that is important. Schwalb has a ton of 32-45mm tires out there as well. Remember the more bulletproof the tire the rougher the ride, and the opposite is true as well.
Last edited by: G-man: Sep 19, 14 22:30
Quote Reply