Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Help
Quote | Reply
I can't find a bike shop around my area that sells wheels anymore, so I figured I'd ask for help here. I have a 10 speed Felt B14 and want some race wheels for my upcoming race.

Does Zipp and others still make wheels for 10 speeds, and if not what is a good website to buy used wheels? I was thinking a 404/808 clincher combo, but really don't know anything about wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Help [PandP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All 11spd wheels are 10spd capable. You just need to use the spacer with a 10spd cassette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, pretty much everyone sells wheels that are 9/10/11 compatible. The current standard are 11-speed hubs that almost always ship with a spacer for 9 & 10 speed cassettes. If it is a major wheel brand, 99% likelihood it comes with a 10-speed spacer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Help [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks! Is it better to buy new, or is it safe to buy used? Is there a recommended website for used wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy a crapton of stuff used. Never had a problem. The hard part about used is that you cannot control the timing. You basically have to do your research to determine the likely fair value of what you want, and then wait until someone offers it for sale somewhere. I think that Facebook's Online Swap Meet, craigslist, eBay, and here are your highest likelihood for success. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

The two new highest value winners that folks here are likely to support are HED and Flo. The HED advocates tout the braking advantages of their aluminum sidewalls. The Flo advocates tout the aero performance, lower cost, lighter weight, and customer support.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Help [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply