Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap
Quote | Reply
Love any yoghurt , especially the fruit bottom type . I know I may as well have a Snickers bar .
Is Greek yoghurt healthier ?Plain and add your own fruit ?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greek yogurt is strained yogurt. It's higher in protein because it's lower in water. And yes, cut up fruit into plain yogurt instead of the sugar-added variety.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As above. If that's a bit too tart for your liking using a sugar-free jam (e.g. ED Smith's Triple Fruits) to sweeten as much as you prefer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could go with plain greek, and throw some stevia + fruit for more sweetness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is Chobani Greek yogurt with raspberry or strawberry fruit on the bottom. I sometimes add a scoop of unflavored protein powder, a pinch of oat bran, and almonds.

There's 15g of sugar per container, but I've tried Greek yogurt without fruit on the bottom and it tastes nasty to me without adding a bunch of sweetened granola and blueberries or whatever.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was doing chobani pomegranate but got sick of the seeds getting stuck in my teeth.

Switched to oikos key lime, yes it has sugar.. but with some granola mixed in its like having pie at work every morning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dannon Greek light and fit. 80 cals and 12 g protein. Tastes awesome too. Has fruit in the bottom but it's the lowest sugar I could find. Buy mine at Costco. They were on sale 18 for 10 bucks. I eat at least 2-3 a day
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Value brand plain fat free yogurt. Generic yogurty goodness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fage with fruit, honey, oats and nuts. Very good & is my breakfast most mornings.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [fembeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greek Gods is really good.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fage plain. Add a couple berries or use it in a blender. Big tubs @ Costco are a steal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried a number of the greek yoghurts and hate the taste. I can even single it out when used in smoothies. That said, I love yoghurt, so use Yoplait vanilla (yes, some sugar, but it tastes great and we all burn off the sugar). I take fresh raspberries or some other fruit and use the hand blender to mix it, then just before eating put in a few bit of granola or grape nuts and it's awesome.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Fage plain. Add a couple berries or use it in a blender. Big tubs @ Costco are a steal.

I'm addicted to Fage like it's crack. I add just a little honey and stir lightly. I try to eat the non-fat most of the time, but the whole milk version is better than ice cream.

My pre-race meal is nonfat or 2% Fage with honey, a banana, and a small bowl of oatmeal.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [fembeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fembeast wrote:
Fage with fruit, honey, oats and nuts. Very good & is my breakfast most mornings.

+1!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aldi Greek - the regular, not the stuff with synth sugar. Probably half the price of Chobani, very tasty, and without the problems (see link).

http://www.jsonline.com/...992z1-234834631.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noosa!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
I was doing chobani pomegranate but got sick of the seeds getting stuck in my teeth.

+1...this flavor is amazing but MAN it can get annoying!

Local publix has a mango passionfruit that is just as flavorful and no seeds. YMMV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a workout, I add a cup of Siggi's to my smoothie. 11 g of sugar, yes. It's also kosher, for those who care.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dannon plain nonfat greek yogurt. I've been wondering though. Would the full fat be a healthier choice? What do others think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Siggis skyr, Whole Foods 365 nonfat Plain Organic and Mountain High nonfat plain. Plain with fresh fruit, a little granola and a dash of cinnamon.

Quote | Reply
Recently my wife and I have begun making our own using nothing other than milk and 8 oz of natural yogurt. Makes 1/2 gallon of yogurt.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't find the full fat greek yogurt at Costco but was able to get it once at Sams Warehouse and it is soooo much better. Super smooth and tasty, but so hard to find :-(

Another option is ricotta cheese. Same calories and protein as greek yogurt and is super delicious, especially if its full fat. I usually mix 50/50 greek yogurt and ricotta. I like greek yogurt, but this mix smooths out the flavor of the yogurt and taste amazing.

Sprinkle some muesly or granola, blueberries and I'm in heaven.
Last edited by: tovi: Jul 28, 14 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it would be healthier, but it sure its tastier!

My personal belief is that the whole fat free craze is over. Fat is good for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lately it's been Danone Silhouette. For breakfast/snack add granola and you're set. Even a dash of maple syrup if you're treating yourself. I like it since it's low calorie and I'm still chasing my race weight.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chobani for sure. It's easy to find at Walmart and comes in great flavors like watermelon, mango, coconut, lime, lemon, etc. It's good stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next