Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What to watch on trainer....
Quote | Reply
I have netflix and Amazon Prime. Below are the shows I have watched. Would like some suggestions on new shows. I don't have HBO, so current shows (GoT and True Detective) are not an option.

- Breaking Bad
- Better Call Saul
- Daredevil
- Jessica Jones
- Man in the High Castle
- The Flash
- Making a Murderer
- House of Cards
- The Americans
- Bloodline
- Firefly

Waiting for Luke Cage (Sept). Do not want to watch either Dexter or Narcos. Started Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime, and it was okay after 2 episodes.

And yes, I know there are threads on this, but they are 2-3 years old, so figured there may be some updates.

TIA.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Shield
Justified
The Wire

All are on Prime. You can thank me later. Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lost has gotten me through MANY trainer & treadmill sessions in the last few months.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orange is the new black on netflix!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of my favorites that are free on amazon prime include 24 and Sopranos. I also loved Lost and currently am working my way through Game of Thrones, Luther and House of Cards. When I am ready for a new show I probably will try Justified or Blacklist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for orange is the new black! Vikings is a go to as well

To dumb to quit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arrow

Basically, anything with a lot of fighting and explosions. Shows heavy on dialog is tough on a trainer, unless I am doing a long, steady ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr Who has gotten me through the entire season on the trainer so far (now on season 7 of 8); you have to like sci-fi though. If you do, it's awesome.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only 1 season, but i found Dark Matter pretty entertaining. Vikings if its available, and the first 5-6 seasons of Sons of Anarchy are pretty good. I am just assuming you have already watched Walking Dead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peaky blinders and chef's table are both really good, I also watch the British top gear a lot on the trainer .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot watch anything serious while on the trainer. This morning I watched Pokemon.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [layaway tay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy & South Park have gotten me through a lot of trainer rides.

This last couple years I got through Shameless, Homeland, Marvel's Agents of Shield, The Flash, Californication, How I Met Your Mother, Weeds, Spartacus, Gotham, Arrested Development, House, Parks and Rec, and Hell on Wheels.

Just started The Last Kingdom last night...it's a little dialog heavy, but so far pretty good. Probably not one I'll watch on the really painful rides though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

American Horror Story
(I watched the first 2 seasons and part of the 3rd at this point)

Into the Badlands
(entertaining with great action scenes but story is a little weak...perfect for the trainer and you don't want to watch something that requires you to pay full attention). - never got to the season finale as the On Demand file was messed up.

Kung Fury
(it is short but awesome in a bad/80's sort of way)

Doctor Who
(if that floats your boat)

Top Gear

Mythbusters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must live in Australia, it's summer, I haven't been on a trainer since March...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True Blood from HBO is Amazon. Don't judge me. It's pretty entertaining and not too serious.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on top gear. you don't really need to pay attention at all to enjoy watching $200k cars going sideways around on a track.

When I ride on the trainer I usually just watch bike racing. This winter I watched all of the Classics, the Giro, and the Vuelta again. Distracting enough. I'm not usually paying attention enough to actually watch a television show and pick up anything from it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally don't use Netflix or AP so I'm not exactly sure what they have available, but here are my recent go-to shows:

- Ray Donovan
- Black Sails
- Billions
- Homeland
- Boundless
- This is Mike Stud
- No Man Left Behind
- Generation Kill (a few years old and only 7 episodes but worth the watch)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really been enjoying Mr Robot Season 1 on the trainer. Cant watch for V02 interval workouts tho!

Tour de France has been the last 3 weeks of training rides. Love that my intervals are their recovery/easy Z2 riding wattages...now that is motivation to get better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Luther!

I think it is on netflix.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch on trainer.... [layaway tay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
layaway tay wrote:
I cannot watch anything serious while on the trainer. This morning I watched Pokemon.

I bet you live with your parents too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjpwooo wrote:
I have netflix and Amazon Prime. Below are the shows I have watched. Would like some suggestions on new shows. I don't have HBO, so current shows (GoT and True Detective) are not an option.

- Breaking Bad
- Better Call Saul
- Daredevil
- Jessica Jones
- Man in the High Castle
- The Flash
- Making a Murderer
- House of Cards
- The Americans
- Bloodline
- Firefly

Waiting for Luke Cage (Sept). Do not want to watch either Dexter or Narcos. Started Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime, and it was okay after 2 episodes.

And yes, I know there are threads on this, but they are 2-3 years old, so figured there may be some updates.

TIA.

How about the ITU broadcasts. $10 for the rest of the season, expires at the end of 2016. Plus you get everything from all previous years.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll throw a few more out there...

Red Road (on Netflix, 2 seasons 6 episodes each... had been cancelled by Sundance, so the story is left unfinished)
Fargo (Season 1 is genius, Season 2 isn't far behind... not sure where to find these to stream though... anyone?)
Rescue Me (Netlfix... very underrated series)

Everyone above me has already stated the obvious one
Last edited by: dyarab: Jul 27, 16 9:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked Deadwood and Hell on Wheels

I'm currently on Nurse Jackie, 30 minute episodes and easy to watch while working hard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
House of Lies is pretty good too.

http://www.sho.com/house-of-lies

I believe 3 seasons are on Amazon Prime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shameless (Showtime, not sure where else you can find it, but try to find it!)
Quote Reply

Prev Next