Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to buy
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I'm about to get a new road bike. I'm thinking between the New Tarmac and the "Old" Colnago C59. Could you guys give me a hand and put you opinions. Please, feel free to sugest some other bike.
Tks :)
Quote Reply
Re: What to buy [guinehemy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Standard ST response is to buy the bike that fits you best - FIRST!!

Having said that, if you're looking at the Tarmac and C59, I'd say also look at the latest Trek Madone editions and then don't ignore Cervelo with the S3/S5 and R3/R5. I picked up a closeout R5 this summer that's been a great ride so far. I don't know too much about the brand, but the latest aero road bike from Felt looks like its worth considering and SuperDave posts here frequently. Since you're looking at exotic stuff like Colnago, you may also want to consider brands like Parlee... on some level you can't go wrong with any. The questions may center around whether you're going to run electronic vs. mechanical components or whether you like extra clearance for 25mm+ tires, etc. I learned after my R5 purchase that I can't run my HED Belgium Plus wheels with 25mm tires because the clearance on the seat stays is too tight...

Happy bike shopping!

Steve
Quote Reply