Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What the heck happened to my foot tonight?
Quote | Reply
I did an easy 1 hour 20 min spin tonight, indoors on a spin bike, nothing out of the ordinary.

Once I got off the bike I had some soreness in my left foot/leg, right where the shin meets the foot, and slightly off-center to the outside.

It's been hurting all night now, especially when I flex my foot up towards my shin. I took a closer look, and directly in the spot that hurts there is a raised, puffed up area about the size of a quarter.

I have no idea what the heck it is, or how it happened from an easy spin.

Anyone else had this?

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Quote Reply
Re: What the heck happened to my foot tonight? [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely: your shoe was too tight and irritated the tibialis anterior tendon.

Less likely: spider in your shoe and bit you ;-)

Quote | Reply
Even this morning, it's still sore (though less) and the acute inflammation is still there.

Thinking of roughing it out and just doing my normal routine today...any advice? My mind tells me 50% to take a couple days off and 50% to just work through it...

If I do not experience pain while cycling/running, should that be a good sign it's no big deal?

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Last edited by: lschmidt: Apr 25, 15 10:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lschmidt wrote:
Even this morning, it's still sore (though less) and the acute inflammation is still there.

Thinking of roughing it out and just doing my normal routine today...any advice? My mind tells me 50% to take a couple days off and 50% to just work through it...

If I do not experience pain while cycling/running, should that be a good sign it's no big deal?

Do a 1 mile / 10 minutes at an easy (z2) pace to start your workout.

if it stays the same or hurts less as you go, keep going. If it hurts more - stop and take the day off.

General good injury advice.
Quote Reply