Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What should I replace my dying Computrainer with?
Quote | Reply
I've had a CT for >10yrs (pretty solid) but I believe it's starting to wear out. I'm thinking about what/if I should replace it with?
TWO requirements:'
1. Has to work with Trainer Road
2. Want to be able to mount my Tri bike to trainer (dont' care if I use my wheel or not)
Should I just replace CT with a new update one or get something else....Thoughts?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: What should I replace my dying Computrainer with? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my CT Lab and switched to a Kickr, and really like the Wahoo better. It may not be AS accurate, but it is accurate enough and has so much more range in terms of 3rd party services. It's also way easier without worrying about a chewed tire.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: What should I replace my dying Computrainer with? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what is "wearing out". Parts can be replaced at way less than purchasing a new unit. If you are riding enough to "wear" one out then I'm not sure what anyone could recommend that would be more industrial and better built / longer lasting than a CT.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have any computrainer accessories you want to sell, I'll buy them. Course videos, etc. Looking for IM Lou in particular. Hard to think about buying a new trainer as you take the training back out doors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would vote to replace the CT with a new CT.
Quote Reply
Re: What should I replace my dying Computrainer with? [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
Depends what is "wearing out". Parts can be replaced at way less than purchasing a new unit. If you are riding enough to "wear" one out then I'm not sure what anyone could recommend that would be more industrial and better built / longer lasting than a CT.

VeloTron, of course :)
Quote Reply
Re: What should I replace my dying Computrainer with? [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
BCDon wrote:

Ooooo, forgot about that. But, with the price of that sucker, it isn't even on my wish list!

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
I've had a CT for >10yrs (pretty solid) but I believe it's starting to wear out. I'm thinking about what/if I should replace it with?
TWO requirements:'
1. Has to work with Trainer Road
2. Want to be able to mount my Tri bike to trainer (dont' care if I use my wheel or not)
Should I just replace CT with a new update one or get something else....Thoughts?

Jeepers I'm still using one that's just coming up on 20 years old. What's wearing out? My roller is finally showing measurable wear but other than that and a head unit upgrade to use with PC it's all original. It's till accurate after all these years too.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: What should I replace my dying Computrainer with? [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
BCDon wrote:

Ooooo, forgot about that. But, with the price of that sucker, it isn't even on my wish list!

Find a used one like I have.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply