Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What shoe is this?
Quote | Reply
I won a gift certificate for a pair of running shoes (up to $80 value). I went to the store to see what kind of selection I could get for my certificate. I usually run in the Vibram Five Fingers except when I know the course will be rocky or have things that could bruise my foot, so I figured I could try out a pair of some minimalist running shoes. I saw some New Balance Minimus shoes, that I took a picture of.[/img] I was able to find the top 2 on New Balance's website, they are the 10V2 Trail running shoes. I thought about getting them, but started thinking that trail running shoes may not be practical for road running (not sure if this is true or not).

So I was thinking about the bottom pair (since their soles are flatter and look more like road shoes), but wasn't able to find them on their website to read some reviews, does anyone know what model they are? Yes, realize I could have asked the sales person, but I was in a rush and didn't think about it at the time. The store is also about 20 miles away.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by npage148 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: npage148: Apr 24, 14 4:10
Re: What shoe is this? [brownnugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the Minimus 10v2 trail running shoe. I have had a pair for 2 years and as long as you put some shock abosrbing inserts they are great shoes. Some of my favorite fitting and feeling shoes especially for the dirt trails. When you put the insert in they become great road running shoes.
Last edited by: masa757: Apr 24, 14 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fat shoes and fat bikes are in now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the 1010v2 trail shoes (slightly different) on both easy trails and road. The main difference to a pure road shoe will be an aggressive tread, but that doesn't seem to both me at all on the road. The 10v2 seems to have a fairly light tread in comparison. I say go for it as the shoe won't cost you. This is the perfect chance to try out a new shoe style.

NB often makes shoes that don't show up on their website. They are often cheaper versions of existing shoes meant for cheaper markets (discount sport stores etc....). At least this has been my experience (i have a few pairs of NB that never seemed to have really existed).

Get the ones with lime green. Brighter is faster.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: What shoe is this? [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just wanted to x2 this vote. have a pair and i'm very, very happy with them.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brownnugen wrote:
I thought about getting them, but started thinking that trail running shoes may not be practical for road running (not sure if this is true or not).

I mean vibrams, and most 'minimal' shoes, aren't practical for running anyway. So it's kind of like asking, which is better for eating cereal with - a serrated or nonserrated knife?

Quote | Reply
If it is the minimus road the code you should be looking for is MR00xx for the Zero drop shoes and MR10xx for the 4mm drop shoes (where xx is the colourway)

#GottaRun
http://twitter.com/runningmatters_
http://www.feileacanmor.com
Quote Reply
Re: What shoe is this? [Amphkingwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I finally did the easy thing and called the store (military exchange). It is the MX20SF3, a Crossfit shoe that is a "military exclusive" item (explains why it wasn't on NB's website). Since I'm not looking for a Crossfit shoe, I'll pass on that. May have to look at the Merrell's they have in stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AFAICS it's for the right foot. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply