Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What music device and headphones do you use?
Quote | Reply
I used an iPod Nano for a while years ago. Curious if I should get a new one and get some blue tooth headphones. Or, just keep stuffing the wires of my current headphones in my shirt and call it a day and save the money.

What are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a water proof Ipod shuffle and use Phillips sport headphones and stuff the cables into my shirt. That way I do not have to worry about sweat or rain destroying the ipod.
http://www.audioflood.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my phone and the headphones that came with it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Apple Music on my iPhone and bluetooth headphones. Wires are so yesterday

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iPod Nano 6th gen (have to buy on eBay now) - the one inch by one inch model with the touch screen and clip

Sony $5 headphones:
http://www.bestbuy.com/...amp;skuId=1304791182
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a Sansa Clip paired with Yur Buds. The Clip holds a ton of music, podcasts and books. You can even put a memory card in it to expand. It clips onto shorts and you don't notice it is there. The Yurbuds cord is Kevlar so it holds up to the abuse.
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
iPod Nano 6th gen (have to buy on eBay now) - the one inch by one inch model with the touch screen and clip

Sony $5 headphones:
http://www.bestbuy.com/...amp;skuId=1304791182

Same iPod (PERFECT for running!) but I use Monster iSport headphones. Had the same pair for 3-4 years now, and after probably 500 runs and bikes, are still working nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iPod nano and heir audio quad driver iems for portable.

iTunes, nuforce udac2, and cheap pair of superficial 50mm open headphones. <- these things kick ass. Dirt cheap, sound great, and have held up to all the sweat I can pour on them for years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Samsung Galaxy S5 streaming from Google Play or spotify, with Jaybird Bluebuds X2 headphones (the latter appearing as a gift after I'd been complaining about headphone cables for too long, apparently).

Cheers!

Munq
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [Darkwing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have the most oddly shaped ears because I have never found ear buds that don't constantly fall out. And I've tried a bunch.

For player +1 on the sansa clip. My current one has gone through the washer three times and still works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I used an iPod Nano for a while years ago. Curious if I should get a new one and get some blue tooth headphones. Or, just keep stuffing the wires of my current headphones in my shirt and call it a day and save the money.

What are you using?

Sansa Clip+, RockBoxed. I use a pair of Sony Sport over the headphones on the run, and clip the Clip+ to my shorts (very small). On the bike I use a single ear bud, my right ear bud, with the long cord wrapped up to a short cord. The Clip+ is clipped to the retention strap allowing access to pause, next etc.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I should use. I used a ipod shuffle, it was great, then I sweat on it and it didn't work anymore. Now I have nothing. For headphones I use skullcandy titans (~$40), they work great but now the buttons don't work on them either likely due to sweat or abuse. I will likely buy another shuffle when things thaw around here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the road I don't use anything but on the trainer/treadmill I use my phone with Spotify. Bose earbuds on the trainer and Beats noise cancelling on the treadmill to drown out the sound of my old ass hand-me-down treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sony walkman mp3 player for turbo sessions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an ancient iPod Shuffle. In all honesty, I don't wear it a lot. Mostly at the gym or on long runs to keep from getting too bored.

It's gotten soaked a couple of times and stopped working, but was OK once it dried out. Think I've been lucky in that regard.

I've gone through multiple sets of ear buds over the years. Usually just get what's ever on sale a Best Buy.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sansa Clip. I used an older Sansa for about 5 years before it was finally done. Just got the clip and love it. It even stays on when i do track intervals or tempo runs.

I had been using basic panasonic cheap ear buds which were fine, though one would work its way loose. I won some Yurbuds in a contest a month ago and switched to them (the $20 variety). They have decent sound (I can turn the volume down quite a bit) and stay in my ears quite well.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [Redcorvette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Sony Walkman I got last year for about $75, 4gb, 8 hours of playback, 3 minute charge will get you an hour, and you can also swim with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've somehow managed to kill 3 Sansa clips. They're good devices, though.

Annoyingly, there are very few sports-type sweat-proof clip style mp3 players now. Only cheap knockoff stuff from Asia that has no warrantee.

I now tend to go music-free on the road and just focus on hammering, but on the treadmill (which I use for half my miles - it's great!) bluetooth Jaybirds with either TV or phone (podcasts/music) works great.
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:

Yes, I would like to get rid of the wires, but compared to a shuffle your iPhone is like carting around a typewriter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got two setups:

Indoor Bike Training: Beats Wireless Studio Headphones and iPad w/ Movie or Spotify
Outdoor Runs/Bike Rides: Plantronic BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Headphones with Apple iPhone in a Racing Belt

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Tri Nut wrote:

Yes, I would like to get rid of the wires, but compared to a shuffle your iPhone is like carting around a typewriter.

I agree. I hate running with my phone.

I'm one of the audioflood shuffle users - it's priceless for pool running!
I also have the nano 5th generation. Had to buy it off of ebay after putting the last one in the washing machine. I like this better when I want to be able to easily navigate from music to podcast... and even to FM radio.
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, I don't like carrying my iPhone too but winter clothings made it easier to carry. I usually don't run with music in the summer when pockets aren't available to hold the phone.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: What music device and headphones do you use? [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
I use my phone and the headphones that came with it

I used that until my headphones died from the sweat. Then I bought a fairly cheap pair of Yurbuds. Been working fine since then. I have a pair of Plantronics BT headphones, they can't stay in my ears and the battery doesn't last long enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iPhone 6s and some cheap and nasty bluetooth headphones

VTin Peashooter Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Sports Headphones

http://thetrinerd.co.uk/...bluetooth-headphones

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water proof iPod shuffle with Yur Buds. Though I'm not fully sold on the Yur Buds, lately the right bud has been falling out a lot. Thinking of making a switch to Bose Soundsport, I've read some good reviews on them.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply

Prev Next