Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What lights (rear and front) for a P2 (Can Cygolite hotshot mount the P2 seat post?)
Quote | Reply
Looking for a USB chargeable lights that can mount the P2 seat post and front bar. Looking at the Cygolite hotshot but not sure if the mounting options will work on the P2. Any other good options?
Quote Reply
Re: What lights (rear and front) for a P2 (Can Cygolite hotshot mount the P2 seat post?) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im interested in this too.

I have bottle holders and a saddle bag behind my seat. I have succumbed to using clip on battery operated lights attached to the bag behind the seat. In the front I use a high powered usb light attached to the bottom of my aero bars

Neither is ideal but they work
Quote Reply
Re: What lights (rear and front) for a P2 (Can Cygolite hotshot mount the P2 seat post?) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got pictures, but not on me. If you have the 2nd rear hole free you can use that as one of your mounting points. The seat stays are problematic because you can't get the light to point straight back. What I ended up doing was mounting it on the rear brake ferrul. Works well there. The best option I found though is mounting the hotshot and the cherry bomb on the rear wing that I have.
Quote Reply
Re: What lights (rear and front) for a P2 (Can Cygolite hotshot mount the P2 seat post?) [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not USB, but to give you an idea of a possible solution I use one of these rear lights on my P3 aero seatpost and extend the rubber loop by pinching a hair tie off my daughter. Works a treat.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my P2C:

I use this on the seat post: http://www.amazon.com/...01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I secured it with a zip tie over the rubber strap because the rubber thingy is pretty stretched out and tends to unhook. I lost one of these already.

On the front I have this: http://www.amazon.com/...s_product_refresh_T1
I couldn't use the mount on my base bar, it's a 42cm and there was no place to clamp it in the stem area. I ended up using zip ties on this one too and it sits between the arm pad and stem.

They both work really well, I've done 4h+ in the dark and the batteries held up well. I use the intermittent on the back and the pulse mode on the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - looking for solutions for rear lights on aero seat-posts in general.

I have round so I am OK, but my wife has an aero post on her Cervelo S3 - few if any of the better options will work.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the hotshot, and no it will not work with aero seat posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just put the hotshot down by the wheel and away from the seat post?

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply