Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance?
Quote | Reply
What is in your opinion the best approved, legally allowed, performance enhancing supplement for IM distance?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim more, ride harder and run faster :)

I use Optygen from First Endurance.

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find training works best....but dont tell anyone... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...besides training, recovery and nutrition, silly.... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endurolytes..that stuff is like crack. Use for hard training days and races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CAFFEINE! DUH!

Drinking my cup of that wonderful chemical right now. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caffeine crops up in various studies as being beneficial.

Personally I'm just addicted to black tea.

Not directly related or necessarily a performance supplement, but I use protein powder for appetite control sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~Gandalf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calories and protein!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Confused Fitness Addict -- Biker first, Nutrition second, everything else third.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 hour energy.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carlsons Cod Liver Oil.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Motrin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redbull in T2 (basically a X2 on the caffiene theme)

Unless you are in my age group in which case a supersized big mac meal daily for breakfast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is in your opinion the best approved, legally allowed, performance enhancing supplement for IM distance?

power meter

Just having it on the bike = 20w ;-)

Proper implemtation is key of course ...

Last edited by: rroof: Apr 15, 10 5:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HTFU Juice?

I love all the people on here that want to go faster but don't really want to put in any effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

"drafting" I guess
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
HTFU Juice?

I love all the people on here that want to go faster but don't really want to put in any effort.

Do you own race wheels, a wetsuit, or aero helmet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't EPO legal if you have a heart condition? May just be a matter of finding the right doctor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caffeine is the only one with multiple studies.....

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can always get 'diagnosed' with asthma which means you would need an inhaler.

Didn't believe that one till I walked through Transition at Oceanside and saw more than a handful of people sucking on them.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Skibum232] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You can always get 'diagnosed' with asthma which means you would need an inhaler.

Didn't believe that one till I walked through Transition at Oceanside and saw more than a handful of people sucking on them.

Yeah, funny how incidence of asthma is higher among endurance athletes than the general population, huh?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [chrisjones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally Agree,

If the EPO thing is true then watch heart surgery scars become the new M-Dot on the calf!

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very NICE!!!!! Hilarious, but true.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Johnny99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Isn't EPO legal if you have a heart condition? May just be a matter of finding the right doctor.

Amazing what you 'learn' on ST...
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Swim more, ride harder and run faster :)

I use Optygen from First Endurance.

X2 on the Optygen.
Quote Reply

Prev Next