Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happened to probikekit? they used to be great
Quote | Reply
I've ordered a lot of stuff in the past few years from PBK and have always had great experiences with their great pricing and service, but I'm done. Based on recent web posts, it sounds like they have been sliding for a while, but I'm just figuring it out. For anyone considering doing business with them, I'd recommend caution based on my recent experiences.

In the last few weeks:
1. They sent me promotion for 15% off my entire order if I put some feedback on their site based on recent order experience. I've always liked PBK and wanted the discount, so a little feedback for a coupon was a good deal. I checked carefully for exclusions, but none were listed. After I filled out the feedback, they sent me a code for 15% off, with the language "normal exclusions apply", whatever the hell that means. Of course, the discount code didn't work on the stuff I wanted to buy. I have no problem with exclusions, but it's bad business to hide them up front and then drop some broad "normal exclusions apply" crap once I've already held up my end of the deal. I complained and they basically said "too bad, we have exclusions on that product". I chalked that up as a bit shady, but not enough to stop doing business with them.

2. I put an order in for a few things (around $230 worth of stuff) and it was showing a shipping charge at checkout. Their website clearly says "free shipping when you spend $79 or more". Earlier that day, I had put in another order for around $1,000 and got free shipping, no problem. I didn't understand why I couldn't get free shipping on my $230 order and I sent them a note. Their response was "no free shipping on orders over $200". That's BS since I got free shipping that same day and I can do it today on some items over $200 (but not others). What a cluster... Again, if they have a policy or exclusions, just make them clear rather than wasting my time.

3. Final straw - I just got the email from AirCityPost wanting my customs fees and an additional $21.50 fee for "advancement and handling" for a recent order. I don't mind the customs fees, but the $21.50 is just a shipping fee (under another name). This is PKB's way to pass their shipping costs on to their customers without telling them up front. I should have known this was coming since it's all over the web that BPK is now using AirCityPost on any orders over $200 to the US. Shame on me for not picking that up, but PBK is misleading their customers here. Once again, I would not have a problem with this policy if it was clearly stated on their web page. It sounds like all PBK orders over $200 to the US are now processed through AirCityPost and subject to a $21.50 fee (above and beyond the customs fee). Why not make that policy clear on the website? I'll probably just pay the $21 and hope I get my stuff, but I'm done with PBK going forward.

None of these things are terrible on their own, but I'm just amazed at the response I've received from them. It's been a mix of lies and generally not giving a crap.

Is there something that's happened recently at PBK? I've either been very lucky for many years buying from them, or maybe I'm just having a string of bad luck now.
Last edited by: bluto: Jan 30, 15 18:13
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to probikekit? they used to be great [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea, but this isn't the first thread around here in the last couple weeks where someone got shafted by PBK...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems odd that there have been so many issues with PBK recently. Living in Canada, I've ordered from them countless times up until recently, and I've never had an issue with them. Not even once.

I usually ignore those custom 10-15% codes because, like you mentioned, they don't work on everything & I can't be bothered to figure out what items or brands are excluded. I'm not sure who answered your shipping query but I think one of their terms is that the package has to be under a certain weight limit to maintain the "free shipping" designation. I typically get hit with duties on 1 out of every 10 transactions ranging from $100 & up, but I've never heard of this "Air City Post".

I'd be curious to know if something is up. I'm not a betting man, but I'm not about to go on a losing streak.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i ordered something from them a couple months ago and they sent me an empty box. After sending pictures filling out a form and a few days waiting, I got a refund. I was underwhelmed.
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to probikekit? they used to be great [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would've returned that box with fecal matter.

I'll be shopping on Nashbar and eBay from now on.
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to probikekit? they used to be great [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ownership changed last year. They've gone downhill since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i find wiggle and chain reaction better than the rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never had problems the last few years in the USA and while overseas at APO's. Now live in the UK and have a UK mailing address and ordered twice so far with no issues. Little skeptical to order again with all the complaints lately, seems that none have been from people inside the US. Will post any issues I have.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got hit with the same air city post charge too; however they had also miscalculated the customs charge--by a lot. However I couldn't get a reply from them at all.
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to probikekit? they used to be great [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could have been the customs fault - I often get their stuff delivered in slightly torn up boxes.
This said, I am waiting on some tires from them that should have showed up by now... hmmmm...

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to probikekit? they used to be great [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodboyr wrote:
Ownership changed last year. They've gone downhill since.

I believe the ownership change to The HUT Group happened two years ago in January 2013. Sounds like a rep from the company should get on here and explain whats happening with their customer service. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the past three years but sounds like you are now flipping a coin regarding your order being fulfilled correctly. Not good.
Quote Reply