Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What does "saving watts" mean?
Quote | Reply
In the specialized shaving wind tunnel test, they said there was a 7-15 watt savings. What does that mean? You would not have to put out 7-15 watts across a 40k? If so, how does that translate to time savings? Sorry for the basic question....just don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: What does "saving watts" mean? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It means you could go the same speed while putting out 7-15W less power.

Or that you could go a little faster putting out the same power. They calculated an average of 50 seconds over 40K for the 6 guys they tested. Your results may vary, of course.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 23, 14 14:49
Quote Reply
Re: What does "saving watts" mean? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Or that you could go a little faster putting out the same power. They calculated an average of 50 seconds over 40K for the 6 guys they tested. Your results may vary, of course.

So let's say I ride 40k at 20mph and average 190 watts. If I was super hairy and shaved, I would achieve the same result while averaging 175 watts? (If I got the full benefit)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

>So let's say I ride 40k at 20mph and average 190 watts. If I was super hairy and shaved, I would achieve the same result while averaging 175 watts? (If I got the full benefit)

Yes, that's a good example.
Quote Reply
Re: What does "saving watts" mean? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And some troll in one of the other threads said the power meter is useless. How would we know the watt/time savings without one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
trail wrote:

So let's say I ride 40k at 20mph and average 190 watts. If I was super hairy and shaved, I would achieve the same result while averaging 175 watts? (If I got the full benefit)

If you were super hairy and shaved, I'd suggest using better razor blades.
Quote Reply
Re: What does "saving watts" mean? [Watt Matters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Touche.
Quote Reply