Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What computer are you using with your BTA?
Quote | Reply
I have been using the 910xt but I want to get away from that and start using a Garmin Edge unit, but I can't seem to find anything that looks appealing with my my BTA. Wanted to see what anyone has come up with before I make a purchase. Found a good deal on a 800, but it just looks so bulky. I have no idea where I'd be able to put it.
Quote Reply
Re: What computer are you using with your BTA? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you need mapping, touch screen, color, or instantaneous bluetooth updates to your phone, get a Garmin Edge 500.
Quote Reply
Re: What computer are you using with your BTA? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a 510 with a K -Edge TT mount. It's easily visible using a torpedo mount and specialized rib cage with a standard bottle BTA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a gramin 510 with a profile design universal mount. Works great and visible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't need the mapping features of the 800. That left me with the 500 or 510. I researched it for a while and went with the 500. I've never regretted my decision. It's a great, solid unit.
This is on the Zipp BTA mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently use the Edge 500 on the built-in mount of my X-Labs torpedo
Quote Reply
Re: What computer are you using with your BTA? [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstyer wrote:
Unless you need mapping, touch screen, color, or instantaneous bluetooth updates to your phone, get a Garmin Edge 500.

This.

I recently did the swap from my 910xt to buying a new 500 just because of all the power drops I was having with the 910. I regret not making this move sooner!
Quote Reply
Re: What computer are you using with your BTA? [CDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CDriver wrote:
mstyer wrote:

This.

I recently did the swap from my 910xt to buying a new 500 just because of all the power drops I was having with the 910. I regret not making this move sooner!

+2

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: What computer are you using with your BTA? [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin 500. I can't imagine needing anything else. My phone has GPS, large maps and navigation if I do exploring and get lost. I don't need that on a computer.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 510 with Zipp BTA. Most solid set up I've had & it's all I need. Worth every penny. Why? Aside from solid, functional, it's between your arms & if you don't like the looks of it, look at the road ahead of you. Besides, it's not a contest on who has the prettiest set up. It'll be covered with Gel/drinks & snot by the time you're done & you won't recognize what the heck it is afterward anyhow.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Sep 29, 14 20:53
Quote Reply