Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are dimensions of Trek 7.5 mono-extension bars
Quote | Reply
Hi I am wondering if someone can help me. I have just bought a Trek speed concept project one 7.5 size L, and I don;t know whether I have the longest extension bars on or not. Mine measure 360mm from back to front tip, before shifters start. And all the Trek guy in the shop can tell me is there is 35mm difference between the long & extra-long bars! I see in the manual that I am choosing between the 436141 and 436142. At the moment I am about 35-40mm too short on the front end with the bike set up ... thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: What are dimensions of Trek 7.5 mono-extension bars [Croges] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depending on what your reference points are, I get 335mm for the short ergo and 375mm for the long...and all the other shapes are in the same ballpark as the ergo long, so I'm thinking you have the long. there is no "extra-long".

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: What are dimensions of Trek 7.5 mono-extension bars [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks Carl - this is exactly the info I was after. Just one more question re the Stem if you don't mind, I want to find out if I have Med near or far, or High near or far. Dimensions are: height 60mm incl top lip, length of top oval base 75mm, includes small extension bit at the front of about 15-20mm. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: What are dimensions of Trek 7.5 mono-extension bars [Croges] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Croges wrote:
Great thanks Carl - this is exactly the info I was after. Just one more question re the Stem if you don't mind, I want to find out if I have Med near or far, or High near or far. Dimensions are: height 60mm incl top lip, length of top oval base 75mm, includes small extension bit at the front of about 15-20mm. Thanks again.

Can you tell by the images here: http://trekstorecincinnati.com/...9zPgyNihgaAuiy8P8HAQ

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SC stems have very irregular profiles and I don't know where you're measuring from...so those #s don't help me much. A picture would be much easier to work from (like what GMAN just posted).

Have to confess, I'm a little puzzled by the questions...if this was a Project One order, each of these things was chosen by you...i.e. they had to be spec'd by you when you sat down with your dealer to order the bike.

If what you really have is a stock off the shelf 7.5, you have the long ergo mono-extension and a medium-far stem.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: What are dimensions of Trek 7.5 mono-extension bars [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I have a photo but these images are just as good - it looks like I have a Mid-Near. Do you have dimensions of the Mid-Far and High -Far stems? It's a long story re the Project One build, I won't bore you with all the details ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use this chart for figuring out stems: SC Fit Guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As JToland is hinting at, you can back out the differences in stems via the fit chart. Basically, going from near to far at the same height class (e.g. medium) will give you about 45mm more reach and drop you down about 10mm. Going between height classes (medium to high) moves you up 35mm if you stay in the same reach class (e.g. far)...25mm if you go up one reach class (near to far) at the same time.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Dec 22, 14 17:27
Quote Reply