Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint
Quote | Reply
My Bodypaint (2.0) is on it's last legs so I'm looking for a new skinsuit. Team/Club uses a short sleeve Hincapie but I am in the market for something long sleeve / fast testing. Can't manage to swing the $ for a SMART suit, so looking for something a bit more reasonably priced. Any suggestions other than find an old Nike?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can usually find a BP 3.0 for about 279 in the ugly yellow color. Maybe the Champion Systems suit would be ok. Everything else tends to be really pricey or not very fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to ask a somewhat obvious question....why not a Bodypaint 3.0. Seems to meet your criteria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The BP3 is fast, but so is the NoPinz Supersuit.
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
I'm going to ask a somewhat obvious question....why not a Bodypaint 3.0. Seems to meet your criteria.

Not against a BP3.0, just wanted to see what the options were. Haven't seen a lot of info on which suits are good / bad as far as TT suits go.

Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
The BP3 is fast, but so is the NoPinz Supersuit.
I have seen that, available in the US though? It's made by Bioracer?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure Blake will ship to the US if you ask. The SpeedConcept TT suit is made by BioRacer whereas the standard SuperSuit is one of theirs (and still very fast).
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can usually find a BP 3.0 for about 279 in the ugly yellow color. Maybe the Champion Systems suit would be ok. Everything else tends to be really pricey or not very fast.

Ribble has BP 3 for $175. Free shipping.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/...bggMcCFdgagQod3OYPqw

Has anyone done a robust test showing that one tight fitting suit is better than another? My testing outdoors a couple years ago gave a null result between a BP 2 and old simple suits that didn't even fit that great.
Last edited by: rruff: Jul 29, 15 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I'm not at liberty to discuss the results, but the difference between suits is substantial. BP3 is a safe bet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if not very fragile............ :)
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Castelli zips are crap, always have been. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not the zipper, just gluing a number on and removing can lead to holes, and pins definitely lead to holes on the BP3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. I'm not at liberty to discuss the results, but the difference between suits is substantial. BP3 is a safe bet.

How was it determined, ie test protocol?

Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:

How was it determined, ie test protocol?

Due to confidentiality I can't go into specifics, but test protocols are solid (velodrome). You'll find loads of evidence as to the fastest suits on TTF where the BP3 has been verified as one of the faster suits on the market.
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
not the zipper, just gluing a number on and removing can lead to holes, and pins definitely lead to holes on the BP3

NoPinz Speedpocket ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My problem with the nopinz suit is that all of their number pockets are on the rear. Every TT I do requires the number on the right side, so I'm SOL...I think. It is a really cool concept though. I'm glad to see suits being designed to accomodate real life use.

I just recently got the BP3 from Ribble, and while the fit is top notch, all the comments about the fragility of the suit are spot on. I super glued the seam at the bottom of the zipper because the threads were coming loose after just a few times trying it on. I've done one race in it and it already has several spots where it looks like the fabric got worn down in some random spots that shouldn't have seen wear (still not sure how this happened). The thinner fabric on the back of the suit is like cheese cloth. It seems to fray if you breath on it wrong. As Jeff said, number pinning will put holes in it immediately, and the super 77 seems to have a harder time sticking to that fabric as well. All told, I think I'll be lucky to get 4-5 races out of this suit. Luckily they're not super expensive at the moment. I may try a champ-sys suit for my next one.
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NoPinz will retrofit a pocket wherever you like. Alternatively you can just purchase a few speed wallets and stick them wherever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if they'll only do that on the retrofit service, or will they put it anywhere on the suits they sell as well (like the bio racer)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know offhand, but considering the way they're installed I'm inclined to think they fit them after the fact. You can see that on my suit it looks as though it was made with the pocket. https://www.facebook.com/...541&l=48f09b6ef5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for bringing up the nopinz, I'm definitely leaning towards it now after reading some reviews on TTF.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gotten 2 seasons use out of the BP3, so maybe 25 times used. probably another 5-10 left on it

just have to use citrisolve or similar(not sure how that affects fabric) to remove glued number and glue. I have no issues with glued numbers sticking, i use scoth super 77 in a heavy does and apply before it is tacky, ie still damp. hard as hell to remove, hence the solvent or careful removal without to prevent tears. used pins one time(first time, never again)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
thanks for bringing up the nopinz, I'm definitely leaning towards it now after reading some reviews on TTF.

What is TTF?
Quote Reply
Re: What (TT) Skinsuit to replace my Bodypaint [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does the Nopinz Speed Wallet work on the BP3 suit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't make recommendations because I don't have aero data, but I just got the Borah Skin suit. Seems to be a very nice quality piece and it has the Swiss textured fabric which I've been told is some of the highest tech available. Very stretchy as I'm comfortable in XS at 6' 152#. Apparently it's good enough for Tom Zirbel.

It would be really interesting to hear how a suit like the OTW Borah suit compares to the "top" suits in aero drag.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply

Prev Next