Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit sizing - M vs MT
Quote | Reply
At the beginning of this year I moved from a Helix sized MT to a Huub Archimedes II sized MT. The Helix fitted really well, but it was time for a new wetsuit and the extra buoyancy in the Huub was attractive. I'm 181cm (5ft 11 1/2) and between 82 - 86kg (180-190lbs). I have a long torso, which is why I went with the MT Huub over the M, but I have always felt it fitted a little looser than my Helix and that it may even be a fraction big.

My question is, where is the 'tall' in the cut of a MT wetsuit, is it just in the arms and legs, or throughout the wetsuit, and is there anyone my size that has a Huub and could let me know what size they use? Trying them on isn't an option where I live unfortunately and I'd like to take advantage of the current sales if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit sizing - M vs MT [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can tell you after a lifetime of wearing different wetsuits that all brands sizing is different...or at least has a different fit...no different than clothes, shoes, etc. Having said that, I wear an MT in pretty much every brand. Even if it feels a bit tight in an area, that goes away after breaking it in. I've never had an MT feel too loose on me. I've even bought some mediums that were rather tight but I just broke them in. Having said all of that I usually try them on before I buy but I also live in an area where there are a million places that sell wetsuits.
Quote Reply