Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit fit?
Quote | Reply
I tried out my wetsuit because I will be using in a race coming up but don't think it fits well. Got a good amount of water in it. Also the neck when I extend my arm allows about a two finger gap. There is a lot of bunching in the armpits pic included. Think I should go the next size down? I'm in a medium large right now. If the majority says too big it will be for sale 120 fully sleeved xterra vortex.

Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fit? [Erockk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you tightening the velcro enclosure on the neck? You don't want it to be choking you of course. Keep in mind that the back of the neck is where water will come in. If the gap is in the front of the neck, the suit is likely too big. It looks as though it is probably a little bit too big. But without trying on the smaller size you won't know.

I'd say give the M a shot. How is the fit with the rest of the suit? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any specifics on your body type? Final question, male or female (don't want to make assumptions)?

Are you currently in a suit that your weight sits almost at the top of the range? Height and weight charts are a guideline, but they are not always right on. You should fit in about the top 10 pounds of the weight measurment in any suit. This ensures that the suit will fit tight.

Just my thoughts.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fit? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Male I am 6 foot and now tipping the scale at 165-170. The gap is at the side and I have the neck as tight as can be. You can even see my veins bulge when it's on but it's not choking me. When I lift my arms above my head is when it comes off my neck on the sides. I'm normal build would say I'm more legs 32 inseam, 34 waist, wear a 40 suit jacket and about a 16.5 neck. Able to take a full body pic with the suit on. Only did a short pool swim with it started to get chaffing on the back of the neck and forgot body glide.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fit? [Erockk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick peek at their size chart and I would have put you in an M or MLO, based on your height and weight.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fit? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I was looking at that myself I think it was an order error. I think when I ordered it I ment to order a medium long not M-large now it's been too long for an exchange.
Quote Reply