Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit "Flooding"
Quote | Reply
I've lost a bunch of lbs's since last season and first race this season was first time in wetsuit and my wetsuit flooded. Primarily arms which landed me using excess energy because of the water logged in my arms. Any suggestions as to how maintain one wetsuit with weight fluctuation?
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit "Flooding" [racingrab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's possible. I had the same issue last weekend, could feel water coming in through the neck way too much. I always look at people in really saggy wetsuits and wonder if they realize how they aren't really helping them that much, if at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit "Flooding" [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is pretty counter productive, I must have lost 2-3 mins on a half distance swim...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your weight loss! Having said that, your wet suit must have been too large before and ridiculously enormous now.

My wet suit (DeSoto T1) is so tight in the arms that they stay dry in short swims. I have to have help to zip it up because it's so tight. You're giving away free speed by swimming (pun intended) inside your suit.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit "Flooding" [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sally,

I was under the impression that a small layer of water was supposed to enter the wetsuit as ones body heat warms up the cold water hence raises ones temperature up thereby keeping you warm. do you get cold without the a little water coming in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The little amount of water is from sweat, not currents coming in through your neck or elsewhere.

Sell the suit in Classifieds and upgrade to a wet suit that takes 5 minutes to get in to because you have to pull and tug it on ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some scuba shops that will alter your wetsuit for you, which would be a good motivation to maintain the weight loss.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply