Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

West Houston cycling?
Quote | Reply
I'm moving to the western part of Houston in a few weeks - right near the energy corridor. Are there any options for cycling out that way? I'm currently further in the city, and unless I put the bike in my truck and drive somewhere, I can't really ride.

I know George Bush park is pretty close to the energy corridor, and there might even be a trail system to get there, but I don't know.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: West Houston cycling? [Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the West Oaks ride on Saturday mornings. Small group starts from Memorial Park and heads out to West Oaks Mall where the main group waits. They ride to Fulshear and back. About 50 miles for the main group . . . probably more than 75 or 80 for the Memorial guys.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: West Houston cycling? [Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Train wrote:
I'm moving to the western part of Houston in a few weeks - right near the energy corridor. Are there any options for cycling out that way? I'm currently further in the city, and unless I put the bike in my truck and drive somewhere, I can't really ride.

I know George Bush park is pretty close to the energy corridor, and there might even be a trail system to get there, but I don't know.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Get on at highway 6 and George bush is pretty safe. Onurleft and outrival have group rides on Sundays just find them on Facebook. I just moved my office to I-10 and kirkwood so I will be riding out there a lot. Oh and join lifetime citycentre.
Quote Reply