Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly Bike TSS?
Quote | Reply
What are people doing weekly with bike TSS during base, build, specific training phases? I saw Scott Bowe said he was averaging 8hrs/week, 500 TSS/week, just wondering where other people are at.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly Bike TSS? [JBADGER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest weeks I'll see 650 to 700 but most training weeks (90% of them) are about 450 and 8 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do 4 weekly blocks (3 hard, 1 easy). My tss typically goes 500, 550, 700, 170-200. This is for around 12 hours a week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently ~ 350 = three 2x20 sweet spot (70tss ea = 210), 1 hour easy (35 tss), 3 hour easy social on weekend with friends (100 tss).

This will work up to about double during peak ironman periods (~700), with the big change being hard work on weekends not coffee shop rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be at 500 - 600 during race prep, 350 - 400 in off season. I like to ride on the trainer, and all work that can be done indoors is.

I also used to take 3 - 5 months totally off of the bike at the end of the season, but I have really loved to use the trainer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now I'm at about 350 building a little each week (training for IMTX). My peak weeks tend to be in the 600-700 range.

Although I actually pay more attention to KJs per week than TSS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggest Bike three weeks this yr leading into IM
261 miles, 13.45hrs, 601 TSS
254 miles, 13.28hrs, 655 TSS
304 miles, 15.04hrs, 766 TSS (did my long ride that week little to hard)

disclaimer: i live in austin so can't really leave my house without doing 3k of climbing all that climbing really pushes that NP up and TSS up i feel like but also do most of my weekly riding on trainer and feel like that gives a lower TSS so maybe it all avg.'s out?

Base phase i tend to focus more on running and swimming and bike numbers were about half of this last yr. Only been doing this 2 yrs so not a lot of personal data to compare to.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply